• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FarmFest for July 4th

I picked up a set of axles with lockers from one of the SoCal guys, 99greenmachine.

Basically a straight external swap, d30 & 8.25 on my '94. I know nothing exciting, no cutting involved, yet. The internals are what I was after 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, 29 spline rear.

I can bring cajun spiced green bean caserole, that's about all I'm competent to cook, along with some beer and meat.

I'll bring some beer, if needed I can like 4x30 packs of bud light... how many people are drinking? should I get some tequilla too? Maybe a gallon of home made salsa and 10lbs of chips?

all i need done to my axel is to have the spring perches and shock mounts welded on.
I've been debating on getting the ubolt eliminators from TNT... but stock perches works too.
I'll be cutting off the stock ones here this week and grinding it down smoooooooth.

FarmerMatt said:
I guess the earlier the axle swap begins the better.

I am thinking about the swap, now I am kind of stoked to wrench on it! I think with this group that is going to be there it could be done in less then an hour. :eyes:

Stuff he needs that I thought of:
New U-Bolts (that his new axle and lift blocks? Or ???)
Gear Oil
Gasket maker for the diffs
PB-Blast or WD-40, spray that before showing up
Break fluid
Lotos of break parts cleaner

Also power wash the under side, and spry the bolts with PB blast at least the night before.

Anything I missed to swap both axles?

Beer!

So is it an axle swap party? I have a d44 I need to install. And a sys and gearing done on d30. Anything else..I also need my tires rotated..lol:party:

It'll be cool to see ya again Gary. Now you just need to strong arm the other norcal tards up there to come down too...

XJedi23,
I think we've got enough on the plate to play with for now. Swapping in your rear end wouldn't be a big deal, but your regear would be a little much.

I think Letterman pretty much covered what's going to be needed to swap the axles. This would be a good time to throw in fresh suspension bushings front & rear if they need it as well. Are the driveshaft lengths the same between the 8 1/4 & the 35?

Matt

Actually swapping 8.25 to 8.25.

Anyone with a 35 want to buy an open stock geared 8.25?

FarmerMatt said:
XJedi23,
I think we've got enough on the plate to play with for now. Swapping in your rear end wouldn't be a big deal, but your regear would be a little much.

Matt

Its cool not quite ready anyway. Probably still make it down. Got enough beer and meat yet?:eyes:

I was just going over that G. Our meat groups are pretty much handled with my pork tenderloins, Letterman's, tri tips, & my wife picked up some costco burgers as well. Jes is doing his special "tame the Rusky's" salsa & chips. I'm doing my guac. Porch puppy (well, his wife Lisa) is doing beans. He doesn't get the credit. Scrappy's bringing his dirt cake. Gary's got a salad or something coming. It also looks like we've got some other veggy's covered with Spudly's green bean salad.

Looks to me that we're lacking on desserts.

Spudly dropped off his axles tonight so the swap is on for Sat.

Matt

Looks like I will be there for sure. I am bringing my 5 yr old. I am thinking we might set up a tent on the grass if that is Ok with you Matt. This would be her first time camping out, so to speak anyways. I can bring some cookies or whatever else you think would work for dessert.

Oh, and I will also be bringing my friend Don Julio with me too. :shhh:

Bryan C. said:

He may be a friend of yours...

But he ain't no friend of mine.

:D

Ardis and I are driving. We'll bring a few things to add to the food table.

--ron

Bryan C. said:
Looks like I will be there for sure. I am bringing my 5 yr old. I am thinking we might set up a tent on the grass if that is Ok with you Matt. This would be her first time camping out, so to speak anyways. I can bring some cookies or whatever else you think would work for dessert.

I'm pretty sure if your 5 year old has chocolate bars, Parker will not have any trouble making friends. ;)

FarmerMatt said:
I was just going over that G. Our meat groups are pretty much handled with my pork tenderloins, Letterman's, tri tips, & my wife picked up some costco burgers as well. Jes is doing his special "tame the Rusky's" salsa & chips. I'm doing my guac. Porch puppy (well, his wife Lisa) is doing beans. He doesn't get the credit. Scrappy's bringing his dirt cake. Gary's got a salad or something coming. It also looks like we've got some other veggy's covered with Spudly's green bean salad.

Looks to me that we're lacking on desserts.

Spudly dropped off his axles tonight so the swap is on for Sat.

Matt

I'll bring some Ice Cream, any sugestions? Haagen Daz or just a half gallon or two?

Back