• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Flog--November 12-13--Hale Mtn AL

Carrying Mark :scared: around Grayrock yesterday has my front end making some wicked popping noises, and not pulling consistently. :doh:
We'll have to pull it apart and fix before it hits the trail again. Hopefully get it done in time for this ride..........:viking:

My front locker is busted but repairable. However, it has been at the machine shop for almost a month and they literally haven't touched it. Kinda getting pissed. I've been very patient but I've given them plenty of time... If it's not fixed this week I'm going to just take it and attempt to fix it myself (which I'm pretty sure I can). Anyway, I'm planning on being there so count me and Betty in! I'll have an extra seat too...

ill be riding in dads jeep. hopefully.....

Last edited:
Where are we camping at the park? I read something on their website about new restroom and shower facilities coming soon, but it looked like it hadn't been updated in awhile. Are the showers? Electricity? What should we expect. Just thinking ahead with bringing 3 and 5 year old girls on their first camp out.

showers at the gate entrance at the bottom of the hill (right next to where the land owner lives).

we camp at the top of the mountain(where the two pics on there camping page on there site were taken). there is no electricity and only porta pots at the top. there is a covered eating area as well as lots of trees to camp under. I will be camping up there both nights.

ALSO I PLAN TO DO SOME NIGHT RIDING!!!!

no electricity at the top of the mountain.

Any free seats? i haven't been there and would like to ride there even as a passenger!

wifey just gave me permission for this one... anybody know about what the mileage for a round trip from nashville would be? Dirk, we could caravan if you want....

It's about a hundred miles one way. Not sure yet what time I am shoving off to get down there. I need to talk to Spawn also. He was going to try to make the trip and we were talking about doing a caravan down I-65.

We are gonna try to roll into the gates Friday at 1ish central time. Doubtful we'll be 4wheelering sun so need to get it in fri.

We are gonna try to roll into the gates Friday at 1ish central time. Doubtful we'll be 4wheelering sun so need to get it in fri.

anyone planning on hitting a trail on Sunday AM?

My plan is to get in Friday afternoon and set up camp, wheel on Saturday, wheel Sunday morning, break camp around noon and head back to Nashville.

Ill be there around 1 Friday. And I hafta go to work for a little bit. I plan to wheel Sunday till noon.

Also was working on dads Tj and guess I wont be bashing on it to hard. His cryoed front 4.88s have so.e missing teeth....

Good deal. I'm still working on getting up there Sat night, and finding you guys early Sunday morning... of course I'll need my heep back with teeth owning spider gears before then!

Ill be there around 1 Friday. And I hafta go to work for a little bit. I plan to wheel Sunday till noon.

Also was working on dads Tj and guess I wont be bashing on it to hard. His cryoed front 4.88s have so.e missing teeth....

You mean that Dana 30 didn't hold up to 37s??? You're kidding!

Lol, JK. I know how it is... Im pushing the limit on tire size too. Guess that's one reason Im having to replace my front Detroit before the Flog...

You mean that Dana 30 didn't hold up to 37s??? You're kidding!

haha yeah... funny thing is its got stock shafts.... so im gonna be calling you about some nitro 4.88s and install.

stock shafts in a 30 are pretty beef..... im debating whether stockers fround for full circles will hold up to 300m joints
I grind all mine down for full circle clips but I keep blowing joints out. So I say yeah go work it.

First trip out/ first obstical in tiffs I broke the ears off both inner and outers and left a perfectly good spicer 760 laying under the jeep. I have better shafts that shouldn't do that again.

anybody from chattanooga ever been there? what are the trails like? also do you guys plan on drivin your jeeps the whole way there and back? or trailering them?

Back