• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Flog Nov 8-10 at Adventure

It is kind of in the air if I will make this trip. Unfortunately my grand dad may soon leave us. He is in Texas and we may be driving tomorrow.

Made it! Looks like I'm first so I'm making camp at the treeline on the far side of the field. Anyone wants to get ahold of me, plenty of signal here. 919-417-3785.

Ill roll up there around 8.00 saturday mornng.

Where's everyone at??? Bunch of people said they were coming but looks like my gang, Dirk, and the blurple 98 are the only ones who have made it so far.

Great trails. Challenging park. Lots of camber considerations. Nice facilities, too.

But cold as all hell!

Got home about 3 hours ago. I really enjoyed this park. The trails are nice and very well marked with a pretty complete and accurate map to accompany them. The trails were muddy under the leaves and a lot of the trails are off camber. At one point I popped my front driveshaft entering into one of the moderate trails and got it cobbled back together enough to get to camp where I just pulled it and left it out.

Trails were great - camping not so much. The first night, about 3:00 am and at 32* I rolled over and heard a rip and then the bottom fell out of my cot and I hit the support bars. I had the kids with me so I had no where to go and couldn't move the cot out. I just "slept" propped up on the cot supports. We ran into town yesterday morning for breakfast and a new cot at Wal-Mart. I never got to use it. That night I went to bed at 10:00 and Avery said her tummy was queasy. 30 minutes later she puked all over herself, her pillow, inside the sleeping bag, on the cot, and on all the sweatshirts. With temps dropping into the upper 30's, I did what anyone would do, put my big sweatshirt on her, put her and Barrett in the car and drove to the Holiday Inn Express!

Wish we would have seen more of the SEC out for this one. It is definitely a park to continue to visit. They are cutting more trails every weekend. Apparently they cut about 5 or 6 new ones in the last month that aren't even marked or on the map yet.

Just GoPro movies that I haven't downloaded yet. I've watched them. They don't make the park look as serious as it really is. Jon was taking a bunch with his iPhone. Maybe he'll post a few.

I've seen lots of pics and heard good stories of adventure. This is the third ride I have missed there over the past 6 months. My club rode Winrock this weekend and I wanted to go there too. Couldn't make the trip with the condition the Jeep was in, or two different gear ratios.

I didn't take too many pictures but here's a few from the easy group.

Tippy turn featured in one of Dirk's GoPro videos.
picture.php

Rocky descent.
picture.php

Propane power. Did not enjoy being stuck behind him.
picture.php

Buggies at play. They failed to do anything interesting while we watched.
picture.php

Dirk fixing after a u-joint decided to let loose.
picture.php

Meant to get some of our camp and the lime green bus, but forgot.

Turns out I did more than blow out my front drive shaft u-joint, I busted my yoke.

Now I have to figure out how to replace it. I'm hoping it just screws off and then a new one back on without having to deal with the guts of the differential.

I also have bolt sheared off in my differential housing that used to help hold the cover on.

Fingers crossed that this is relatively simple!

Turns out I did more than blow out my front drive shaft u-joint, I busted my yoke.

Now I have to figure out how to replace it. I'm hoping it just screws off and then a new one back on without having to deal with the guts of the differential.

I also have bolt sheared off in my differential housing that used to help hold the cover on.

Fingers crossed that this is relatively simple!

Should only be remove the nut, remove the yoke, replace the seal, replace the yoke and run the nut back down.

Should only be remove the nut, remove the yoke, replace the seal, replace the yoke and run the nut back down.

Supposed to use a new nut as well. Quick and easy job, I have done it many times :wierd:.

Let me know how it goes Dirk. I've been meaning to replace my pinion seal. I've heard of some people countng the threads so they don't over tighten. It sounds relatively easy though. Let me know if you need help.

:repair:
BS. I met you at the 2008 Flog at Uwharrie.

DSC08826.jpg

You just looked different then. lol You lost weight and I gained weight.

I am making ready to return to the trails! Shhhh.. keep it quite

We miss you Dave.

Back