• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fabricated front bumpers.

This is one I tossed together when I first built my Jeep, I'm working on a new one now.

The goal here was lightweight, medium duty, and quick built...it served that purpose well.

bumper03.jpg

bump01.jpg

bump02.jpg

bump03.jpg

coated5.jpg

Then I did a rear to match the look, with a 2" receiver. 17 attachment points.

rear2.jpg

rear3.jpg

rear1_001.jpg

rear3_001.jpg

preweld3.jpg

precoat08.jpg

reardone2.jpg

reardone3.jpg

reardone4.jpg

I think I'm gonna do a new rear here soon too...switching to 3/16" high clearance plated winch bumper up front, so might do something to match in the rear.

started as some C channel with bends on the end.
cut some off the bottom, added some plate, side protection, tubing came after, still waiting to attach the shackle mounts.

QspV.Q728463-02.jpg

cHMze.916270-02.jpg

whitexj98 said:
Just Got done with my rear bumper.​

That looks great! Assuming the date on your camera is correct, you took those pics tonight- any chance you could post up some daylight pics of the corners and bodylines and all that?​

TNT said:
Here's my Deer Slayer I built years ago. All it need is some fresh paint.

On the MJ
MJ005.jpg

On the XJ

this bumper looked good until the grill guard was on. like really good. though I guess it would really protect well from some deer. ha ha.

Older bumper and I actually still have this tank (the bumper)
itwasthisdeep.jpg

I took it off because it wieghed enough to pull the front end down to stock hieght with 3" lift coils installed!

could someone post plans to make one of these?

i got a winch like that sittin in my building, i think the sylinoides are bad or something. doesnt seem to pull like it should, when i got it it didnt have anywires on it, my dad wired it back up the best he knew how,

heres mine. i wrote a thread about half a year back about this. I couldn't be happier with it.

QuarterViewSized.jpg

BUmpersized.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

heres one a few days ago, plus sliders and a trim job, note the smashed light

Josh :piratefla

BTT!!!

I will be starting my bumper build soon, I don't have a winch yet but approximately what is the smallest cradle size I can make to accomidate a winch without chopping up my grill?

The face of my bumper sits 7 inchs from the grille. I had just enough room to slide the winch back against the grille and still have metal to put the front bolts in.

Back