• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fabricated front bumpers.

Ha ha! Not that Hell. :laugh3: And not my own personal hell either. You know, the rusty one under my truck that the department of transportation exacerbates further each year with their infernal roadsalt (pun intended). 'Cause the bolts under my truck are perpetually frozen in a different way due to the rust.
Jeep on!
--Pete

I've only built a rear so far

Anglecut.jpg

Bumperend.jpg

bumperend.jpg

rtrearclose.jpg

rearbumper.jpg

Nice!! i'll take one please....

Here's my front bumper. It started out as a piece of 1/4 inch c channel then it was bent/ cut and re welded. the "wings" are sheet. The tabs for the clevis (clevi?) are right in line with the frame.

n701725803_360323_8026.jpg

n701725803_360375_3284.jpg

Here's the back. It started out as a piece of box tubing. The clevis mount in the back is actually a 2 inch reciever tube with the hitch pin on the inside of the bumper. The top of the bumper comes of with one recessed allen head so you can get at the hitch and also for storage.

n701725803_360373_2389.jpg

n701725803_360359_6165.jpg

n701725803_360361_6973.jpg

n701725803_360362_7419.jpg

Chris

jeremy43 said:
anybody have any blue prints they can send me

You do know this thread is 3 years old right.

mcnamaag said:
You do know this thread is 3 years old right.

This gets on my nerves.

If you SEARCH and find a related post and bring it back up from the dead you get the "You know this thread is ancient right?" statement. but if you start a new thread you get attacked by the SEARCH pirates!

I may as well post my project. It's no where near finished but it is started. THe picture of it on the Jeep is after I bolted up the brackets and tacked them in place. It's coming along slowly... It got a lil rusty from sitting around for so long waiting on me to start it!

P1130969.jpg

P1120965.jpg

I love the way those D rings! Are mounted!

I'm kiddin! I promise... I think thats a sweet bumper ya got there!

I'm considering mounting lights in mine like that somehow.

Here's my Deer Slayer I built years ago. All it need is some fresh paint.

On the MJ
MJ005.jpg

On the XJ
Picture20007.jpg

Approach angle
Picture20008.jpg

lowrange2 said:

lets not start that again!! I'm going to mount my old tow hooks under the bumper again tomorrow, maybe that will keep everything quiet!!

lowrange2 said:
This gets on my nerves.

If you SEARCH and find a related post and bring it back up from the dead you get the "You know this thread is ancient right?" statement. but if you start a new thread you get attacked by the SEARCH pirates!

My thoughts EXACTLY, I knew someone would bitch hahaha

lowrange, did you use a template for your bumper mounts? Like the one listed on the Twisted Halo site? those mounts are fn' nice, I'd love to know where you downloaded the specs if possible

lowrange2 said:
This gets on my nerves.

I may as well post my project. It's no where near finished but it is started. THe picture of it on the Jeep is after I bolted up the brackets and tacked them in place. It's coming along slowly... It got a lil rusty from sitting around for so long waiting on me to start it!

P1130969.jpg

P1120965.jpg

hey man I like it, where did you get the front bumper mounts

Semper Fi said:
lowrange2 said:

lets not start that again!! I'm going to mount my old tow hooks under the bumper again tomorrow, maybe that will keep everything quiet!!

I was kiddin with ya buddy... :) I think your bumper looks great and I'm gald you've got a lady that understands your hobby. Unlike mine...

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand...

Last edited:
J-Roc said:
My thoughts EXACTLY, I knew someone would bitch hahaha

lowrange, did you use a template for your bumper mounts? Like the one listed on the Twisted Halo site? those mounts are fn' nice, I'd love to know where you downloaded the specs if possible

There is a nice template floating around on the site but I'll have to find it... Ta Da! http://www.twisted-halo.com/digicam/xj/Bumper%20mount.pdf

I bought those brackets from UkraineTrain. I'm sure he'll hook ya up. http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=22489

Last edited:
Back