• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust exit... anyone have this??

Screw that i have sliders. I could see my exhaust being smashed between a rock and well................ a hard place! :roflmao:

It took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at, and which end...
That, sir, is no longer an XJ. It's pretty sweet, though - whatever you call it...
For people who have relocated their gas tank...you can stuff a bullet muffler in there and snake the exhaust out the old filler opening. Nearly impossible to damage this one.

DSC02477.JPG

I have it hard-mounted in the back to minimize rattling, and in the front I use a flexible coupler to eliminate stress on the downpipe:

DSC01617.JPG

Not necessarily an answer for everyone's application...but just throwin' some more ideas out there.

Oh - and what about running the exhaust out through the bumper skin? Stainless tip (s) poking maybe 1/2" through the back... be right up out of the way.
A little work with a hole saw and it would be pretty slick...

you dont have a problem with the leaf spring coming up into it at all?

this is were i wanted to run mine but figured the spring would come up and hit it.

Nope, no problem with the spring coming up that far. With the tire stuffed and the axle hitting the bump stop I still have a tiny bit of clearance. I'm sure it wouldn't work on a stock XJ!! Gotta have atleast 4" of lift I would estimate. I have hit the pipe where it comes out, because the guy made it stick out just a tiny bit more than I would have liked...but it works, and I can always bend it back and trim it down a tad if/when I care!

It doesn't run flat over the spring, it's a few inches above it and it goes over the spring at a backwards and downward angle. I'll try to remember to get a better pic tonight....

Yep....1" lift IIRC, so like 2" longer overall or something?? But yeah, the leafs aren't going to touch it!! Didn't get home till late last night, I'll try to remember tonight!

100_0310.jpg

100_0311.jpg

100_0312.jpg

100_0313.jpg

No evidence that the leafs contact the exhaust. I've had it really stuffed (more so than in the pic below) and looked and it clears just fine.

IMG_0794.jpg

Last edited:
For people who have relocated their gas tank...you can stuff a bullet muffler in there and snake the exhaust out the old filler opening. Nearly impossible to damage this one.

DSC02477.JPG

I have it hard-mounted in the back to minimize rattling, and in the front I use a flexible coupler to eliminate stress on the downpipe:

DSC01617.JPG

Not necessarily an answer for everyone's application...but just throwin' some more ideas out there.
about to route mine the same EXACT way.

Back