• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust exit... anyone have this??

bcmaxx said:
sorry to be off topic,up here legally you need rated chains and buckles to secure a vehicle to a trailer, any less will cost you a big fine! must be nice!

WRONG! i live in bama and all we need are safety rated straps. same ones truckers use!
happyfinger.gif

_MURDERED OUT_ said:
this is the most useless thread ever.....

Just put the muffler a tad after the t-case and then put a turn down on it. Thats what i run. Its real simple....

C'mon now... Consider it a poll.

I was just wondering if other people have had good or bad luck exiting in front of the rear wheel. I know if I want to hear and smell how my motor is running I can turn it down under the body but thats retarded to me even with a 6" lift.

It looks like some do and some don't so I got my answer. Thank you all for your responses.

No I was not looking for loudness... although I do not mind a little muscle flexing :)

I will post pics of it when I get it done today... I may dump out in front of the rear wheel too, I do not want it dumping under the Jeep, and to be honest it is like twice the cost to go out the back so we will see.

I'm goin to be running a side exit just after my front wheel on my 78 camaro. Hopefully the combination of no cat, short pipes, and a straight through glasspack should produce large flames. hehe

HTeK said:
I would personally destroy that in very short order.[ /quote]

Yup... I think I will this weekend.... I should have looked at it closer before leaving the shop. The guy has never done me wrong before and does solid and sound work, but this was just not a good idea from the beginning.

:twak:

not a good spot to have your exhaust exit, i have the exsaust exit in the same spot on my truck, mangled it out wheelin last weekend

i like where mine is....(page 1) its just above the axle...its simple and sweet....side exits look ugly...saw a sweet lifted blue xj had everything and then a side exit...ugh lol

the reason why mine is like how it is now is because of my boomarang shackles wont allow me to run it all the way back...

but i like it

My side exit 2.5"

goat034.jpg

goat033.jpg

My only complaint with it was that it kept getting bent up into the bumper every time I went over a log or something. I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you have a cut and fold and can push it much higher, like Avanteone had on his old Jeep.

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

Last edited:
Hate to bring up an old thread, but would there be any physical limitations to having the exit right in front of the drivers rear wheel? Im think of just going straight back from the header and not crossing over to the passenger side. I dont wheel (thanks 2wd) so Im not concerned with crushing it. Would the exhaust there heat up the fuel or brake lines to an unsafe temp?

Im only thinking about doing this because I cant hear the exhaust as much as I want to. I like the sound of driving next to a wall at full throttle, but it would be nice to not have to reach back and roll the back window down in order to hear it. I think it would also give it the look of an old TA Challenger. Also looking to replace the down pipe, might as well do it all in one shot.

Hello all,
Has anyone seen or have the exhaust exit in front of the rear wheel?

Exiting before the tire, is exceptable from a street point of view, but off-road, I'd be afraid of snaging it on something and pulling it into the tire. Then there are hangers; use them. The OEM hanger points exist, but the side exit does not and you will have to add them to support the muffler and exit pipe.

If you wheel, I definitely wouldn't put it out before the rear tire.
IMG_0079.jpg

Thats what this thread is about. The answer is yes and no, depending on your application and local laws. At least thats what I gathered from reading the thread.:dunno:

If you wheel, I definitely wouldn't put it out before the rear tire.

I used to have just a 90 after my cat,
IMG_0079.jpg
but I got sick of the noise and exhaust fumes so I threw a muffler on there and ran it out the back. Used a stock tail pipe and only had to modify it to go above the rear leaf spring. If you don't have a lot of lift, this probably isn't the way to go, but for 5-6" of lift, it's perfect. It is almost impossible (almost) for me to smack the tail pipe while wheeling. I didn't have enough room between the skid and the leaf spring to run the pipe, so this was the easiest/cheapest/KISS solution. This pic doesn't show it all that well...but you get the picture.

IMG_1313.jpg

you dont have a problem with the leaf spring coming up into it at all?

this is were i wanted to run mine but figured the spring would come up and hit it.

For people who have relocated their gas tank...you can stuff a bullet muffler in there and snake the exhaust out the old filler opening. Nearly impossible to damage this one.

DSC02477.JPG

I have it hard-mounted in the back to minimize rattling, and in the front I use a flexible coupler to eliminate stress on the downpipe:

DSC01617.JPG

Not necessarily an answer for everyone's application...but just throwin' some more ideas out there.

you dont have a problem with the leaf spring coming up into it at all?

this is were i wanted to run mine but figured the spring would come up and hit it.

I was thinking I could get some more room by running maybe a 120* angle starting before the spring, instead of a 90* bend and coming straight out.

Back