• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Excel 07 conditional format help

bigalpha

I have 2 columns, A and B.

A is a list of names.
B is a list of numbers.

In Excel 07, there is a conditional formatting that shows a 'progress bar'. So, if lowest number is 0 and highest is 10; when column B has a number '5' the progress bar shows up as half the width of that cell, 10 shows up as the full cell width, etc.

I want that progress bar to base itself off of column B, but show up in column A behind the names.

Did some googling, but most everything relates to older versions of Excel. Any Excel gurus out there?

TIA

I've been trying to find the exact same thing.

Consider this a bump......

Well, in 07, there is a feature that makes a nice bar graph for you. I need the bar graph to be in column A, but based on data from column B.

I'm in the office tonight, and grabbed my own laptop this morning (got a copy of Office '08.) Let me see what I can dig up there.

My mistake, it's Office '07.

Unfortunately, I got a feeling that what you want to do is going to take some very fancy footwork. Right from the Excel help system, Format all cells by using data bars:

A data bar helps you see the value of a cell relative to other cells.

The cells you want to format technically don't have a numeric value. Data bars won't format the way you want, at least not simply.

So, two columns, A and B.
A is a list of names, and B is their score in English class, from 0-100%.

Excel 07 has the feature that will auto make a little bar graph and put it in the cell. So, in column B, each cell would have a mini bar graph with a length relative to their score. If a student got 75% in class, the bar would be 3/4 the width of the cell.

is there a bit of VB Code I could insert to put that tiny bar graph in column A, but represent column B?

Beats me, I don't do VB.

Back