• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Everyone with Mini SKids

Just your regular pair of 9" grips... it's not that hard, 1/8" plate once already bent is fairly pliable. Hell, if you take the LCA out and put your hand around the whole mount you can usually flex the lower edges in and out a bit with some effort.

could it be that yours have weakend from the rust over there? mine has no rust and is strong as hell! I couldn't even make mine budge with a BFH.

On one of my rigs yes, but that LCA mount broke instead of bending.

The others are only affected by minor surface rust (some original paint still hanging on) and those are the ones I've straightened with a pair of vice grips.

I'll stop derailing now... glad to know a dremel will get into there.

i see. well ill definitely give the v grips a shot!

could it be that yours have weakend from the rust over there? mine has no rust and is strong as hell! I couldn't even make mine budge with a BFH.

I tried straightening my curled mounts on my first XJ (Old Blue...where are you??) with a BFH and gave up with little results. I'll try the vice grip idea on the Frog. It's time for a trip to Harbor Freight anyway.

Vice grips work but I have used a large handle adjustable wrench to bend the mounts, just tighten it down enough so it gets a hold of the mount.

Longer the handle the better the leverage.

Vice grips work but I have used a large handle adjustable wrench to bend the mounts, just tighten it down enough so it gets a hold of the mount.

Longer the handle the better the leverage.

My favorite part bending tool! Doesn't chew up whatever you're trying to straighten like the vise grips do.

Don't forget to paint them:
MiniSkids.jpg

That looks like some crazy Russian dude.

I know there used to be a company that made the upper control arm boxed in piece... I am surprised JKS or someone else has not made that piece

zone offroad makes the UCA gusset
its only like 20 bucks i think

Back