• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Event Information

What kind of heaters do you guys have?

Good ol frijoles:passgas:

figures the one time I try to get the jeep to warm up before bed the blower motor doesnt work..... I guess it was still pissed at me for trying to keep up with JeepspeederJohn.:laugh:

I bought and used one of those heaters but it didint do **** in my huge ass tent! I might take it back...

Hopefully next year ill have my camping trailer built and i can run a small electric heater.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the heaters do come in a couple of different BTU's With a new tank of propane, heater set on high, mine will not last the entire night. Set on low it lasts but doesn't put out enough heat. A few options I'm going to try are hooking it to a gallon size propane tank, getting a 2nd heater, or getting a bigger and warmer dog :)

Yeah, the heaters do come in a couple of different BTU's With a new tank of propane, heater set on high, mine will not last the entire night. Set on low it lasts but doesn't put out enough heat. A few options I'm going to try are hooking it to a gallon size propane tank, getting a 2nd heater, or getting a bigger and warmer dog :)

Be careful, burning propane makes CO2. You shouldnt run a propane tent heater all night in a closed tent - you might not wake up. It says this right on the heaters. Here are some safety tips for using tent heaters:

http://www.articlesbase.com/home-an...-using-propane-heaters-in-camping-664796.html

:patriot:

You may wanna upgrade the whiskey, as well, bud. :D

Oh I got better but that's for those special days where I just want to sip something while I work on the jeep.

Cheap is for getting my drunk on
There is cheap, and then there is lamest excuse for a drink. Hangovers are the worst when you are camping.

wow, bitter much?
No, but I saw what they were drinking.. and I have had it before. It was the Trader Joe's "blended scotch whiskey" which is not worth the money. For the price paid for that there is higher quality stuff. Don't get me wrong I don't mind free alcohol, and some of the best beer, or alcohol, in this case free beer (alcohol). But when it doesnt go down right, thats no bueno. And I know D-rek felt it.

Last edited:
No, but I saw what they were drinking.. and I have had it before. It was the Trader Joe's "blended scotch whiskey" which is not worth the money. For the price paid for that there is higher quality stuff. Don't get me wrong I don't mind free alcohol, and some of the best beer, or alcohol, in this case free beer (alcohol). But when it doesnt go down right, thats no bueno. And I know D-rek felt it.
I drink it all the time it isn't bad but it isn't good either. I'm not picky because I can't afford to be.

I drink it all the time it isn't bad but it isn't good either. I'm not picky because I can't afford to be.
Maybe my taste buds aren't as tainted to the taste(or lack thereof). To each his own. That stuff just makes me wanna throw up in my mouth a little.

BevMo is where it's at. There are tons off no-name/unheard of stuff there that is pretty decent.

Something about a gift horse......I forget the rest.....:D

my point exactly, but he said he wasn't drinking it either... so why put down another man's booze and call it "lamest excuse for a drink"? if it was a 80$ bottle of 20 year old scotch would you go shake his hand and pat him on the back for a job well done?

:D

ohhhhh below the belt!

I'll drink your whiskey and like it Dan, but that doesn't make me your bitch. we all know who everyone's bitch is :D

if it was a 80$ bottle of 20 year old scotch would you go shake his hand and pat him on the back for a job well done?

I'd probably call him an elitist snob then go put zip ties on his driveshaft.

Back