• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans Creek Oktoberfest: 10/21 - 10/23

On a different note, we (the NWC) will be giving away a $100 Quadratec gift certificate at this run. Still trying to decide on how it's going to be given away, so I'm all ears.

I was thinking another "minute to win it" campfire competition. That's always entertaining.

i have the stool... ill bring it to you.

My first thought was a game of Edward Forty Hands, but Cheez Whiz might work. The problem with that is, you've developed a taste for it.

Get on it, you have a little over two weeks.

Worst case, come on out and camp, and then ride with someone.

i won't be there

No Tilted Wheelers?

Someone needs to get a hold of Tim (cherokeefever) and Bill (billulsund), and get them and their crew on board.

I'd really like to see a good sized turnout for this. Should be a good trip.

IMG_0041.jpg

My co-worker with the Toyota is out due to a product launch but my coworker with the CJ is still probable.

I will be there with a small group. Mainly JKs and all good peeps

Everyone still in for this? Rod... Dave?

My offer still stands if anyone from the PDX area is going, I'll split gas for a ride up there.

Also, for those camping a bundle or two of firewood would be a good thing to bring.

I would go but the XJ is still down, havent had time to work on it and its deer season... If someone wanted a tow up and back and let me ride i would consider going...

So who's in?

TORX
jonesinxj + JKs
WaXJ_Skier + CJ
98cherokeesport?
mojojojo?
GlueNTape?
Ben Diesel?
josefxj97?
Avanteone?

C'mon people, Evans Creek is a blast! It's closed over winter, this might be the last chance to wheel it this year.

Im glad to here theres alot of xj people doing some wheeling. im some what new to the xj world. Bought my first xj about a year and ahalf ago. Havent been to Evans in a year or so. I cant make it up friday, will probably be coming up on Saturday. What channel are you running and are you going to be at the staging area or starting from camp ground.
myjeep-1.jpg
maybe this trip wont cost me another mirror.

Is this a good first WA wheeling experience?

My set-up

317194_2143685636415_1374450182_32134460_986715331_n.jpg

252077_1985521602413_1374450182_31971765_7285038_n.jpg

5 or so inches of lift
RK LA HPD30 4.11s
Gas tank skid
Great flex.
33x10.5 BFG MTRs good tread but regretfully open/open

No front bumper tho! I wouldnt want to cave in or explode the jeep on my first run so what could I expect?

I wanna start meeting people and wheeling up here since I moved 1 month ago. Also how far is this place from Seattle?

:cheers:

Looks like a good setup, open open is fine as long as you have F/R recovery points

might make it up saturday for the day. depends if i get my trac bar built in time.

transparent.png
I-5 S ramp to Portland
transparent.png

5. Keep left at the fork to continue toward I-5 S
transparent.png

0.7 mi

6. Take exit 164A-I-90 E on the left for I-5 S toward Bellevue/Spokane/Tacoma/Portland
transparent.png

213 ft

7. Keep right at the fork and merge onto I-5 S
transparent.png

10.0 mi

8. Take exit 154A on the left to merge onto I-405 N toward Renton
transparent.png

2.2 mi

9. Take exit 2 to merge onto WA-167 S toward Auburn
transparent.png

19.5 mi

10. Exit onto WA-410 E toward Sumner/Yakima
transparent.png

11.3 mi

11. Turn right onto Mundy Loss Rd
transparent.png

1.2 mi

12. Turn left onto WA-162 E/Pioneer Way EContinue to follow Pioneer Way E
transparent.png

0.3 mi

13. Continue onto WA-165 SThis road may be seasonally closed
transparent.png

16.5 mi

14. Turn left toward National Forest Development Rd 7930
transparent.png

308 ft

15. Continue straight onto National Forest Development Rd 7930
transparent.png

1.7 mi

I love that video lol anyways sorry that I`ve been m.i.a. Not sure if i can make this but i`ll try to make it up saturday and i`ll let the other tilted bro`s know as well. I smashed my heep up good last weekend at elbe on the busy. I made the mistake of following my buddy popcan. So the first bypass i got an root hung up in my driverside back window. well when i was trying to get out i ended up breaking out two windows and destroyed my pillered. then the next bypass was an deep mud hole well he almost mad it with 33`s so i tried it with my 35`s and i damn almost made it. well many tries later i ended up busting my track bar in half and snapping my front driverside shaft. so i`m looking for parts. I picked up 4 doors and an hatch today for an $100. not bad

Looks like this run is beginning to take shape. For those coming out just for the day, lets plan on leaving from the Campground at 10:00 on Saturday. That means aired down ready to roll 9:30ish. CB channel #4.

Is this a good first WA wheeling experience?

I wanna start meeting people and wheeling up here since I moved 1 month ago. Also how far is this place from Seattle?

:cheers:
Good lookin late model waggy.

Evans isn't too technical. It is really tight. It's basically northwest "Timbercrawling" at it's best. You might tap your rear quarter panels or doors on a few trees, but if you have patience it can be avoided. Obviously being open will be a bit tougher. A solid front tow point would probably be the most important thing to have.

I posted directions in my original post. It's probably less than two hours from Seattle.
might make it up saturday for the day. depends if i get my trac bar built in time.
Track bars are over rated, bring your junk up. We need a local to tag along.

I got my front frame stiffeners on and allthe little things donethat i needed to get done. Just waiting for joints from ruffstuff and a shock i ordered and i should be set. Will keep you posted though

Sorry I haven't spent too much time on NAXJA lately but I am still around and will definitely be there for this run. We had a great time at this run last year. I will see you guys in the campground by no later than 9:30am on Saturday.

Back