• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

errrrrr....

CommandoXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
Location
Tucson
alright i know most people dont wanna take the time to listen to some kid bitch...

but I've just been grounded... Becuase me and my mother were talking politics... shes an extreme lefty while im a moderate righty.... basically I've been grounded for disagreeing with her Political opinions... To give you one example; my Mother thinks that George W. is responsible entirely for the attacks on the Twin Towers....

now I am not one to just shutup and listen to my mother who might as well be a fucking terrorist instead of an american (hey - if shes gonna preach that shit to me she might as well be).... so i didnt shutup i didnt listen i did back talk... and she just kept punching me and screaming becuase i wouldnt go liberal....

so im grounded for a week...and from my XJ for a week (oh that pisses me off)

on top of that; my mother thinks if i offroad with my friends up in Redington pass here in tucson "some hick" as she calls them will run me off the road or shoot me. or that i will roll my jeep........So im not allowed to 4wheel without my dad - which is really gay. she also says things like... its too dangerous... i didnt give you that jeep so you could go offroad.... jeeps arent made for offroading (say what??) and im just too plain young.

anybody got any ideas how i can get myself outa this shithole?

i shouldnt be grounded for standing up for what i believe
(if anyone would like to tell me that Bush caused the damn planes to crash into those buildings...go right ahead...)

and shes way too paranoid about the whole redingtonpass deal....

if the moderatos think this is a waste of a post - go ahead delete it... im sure i will be grounded from the computer within the next minute and it wont matter either.
 
how old are you?
stop pissing off your mother and listen to her sometimes and she might give you the freedom you want ( offroading and what not)

its never a good idea to talk politics with family, co workers, or even friends...... always ends in arguments unless you have identical views.

nobody is saying you were right, or she was right..... but it sounds like you both strong views and neither one will change the others opinion.... so why keep pissing in the wind?
 
ok i guess i should have explained better.... someone was talking politics on TV and she turns to me and starts Forcing her opinions on me... and basically i said no thats ok... im not listening to that; either let me give my opinions also or we're not having this conversation.... so i gave some of mine - nice and polite like; and she starts yelling and bitching becuase i said the "wrong thing". By no means was i doing anything just to piss her off - i do my best to avoid talking to her about Politics.

ive been trying for 3 months to convince her id be fine up in redington - me and my dad go up there everyweekend and i know it well it enough id be fine and she just keeps freaking out.

i shouldnt have even posted anything here... but by the time she took both sets of my Jeep keys... i needed to 'vent' i guess....



Edit:
Oh and about the whole "freedom" thing... when i used to try and go play paintball my mother acted like i had no right to do something "So Disgusting" ... she told me that playing all those violent games would turn me into some Highschool Killer like at Columbine... and i might be eaten by a mountain lion while i was out there anyways.

this has been going on for months... and im about ready to just surrender... not offroad/paintball or even drive the damn car.
 
Last edited:
It's your mom's vote that counts, not her opinion. If you can't change her vote then I'd keep my own opinions to myself, if I wanted to drive my Jeep. All I'm sayin' is: do what's best for you. If sittin' in your room is best, then by all means, speak up. If drivin' your Jeep is best, then think about lettin' your mom have her say. It's up to you. Your choice.

I see a trend here. Your politics may vary, but your more alike than you think. Your mom speaks her mind - you speak your mind. Trouble is, your mom's got the power to ground you. You might want to start thinking about trying a little diplomatic silence.

From a dad who cares.
 
once you can figure out which points she's right on you can safely ignore the rest. I give you about 2 years before reality comes calling, but once it does have plenty of KY on hand because it'll bend you over something vicious.
 
well i know im a stupid kid and i should listen to my mom... but she tries her best to get in my face all the time; she does the same thing with my dad. I've seen my dad at the end of his rope many atimes and i know my dad is Secretely on my side even when my moms making him "talk to me". The only difference is... my dad cant get grounded so he actually gets his point across after the point where i would have been in my room grounded even if i were argueing the same point.

even though it wont get me out on redington - like it hasnt the last 3 months we've repeated the same arguements over and over again....you guys are all right...ill shutup and let her go. cuz i guess driving on the streets is better then sitting in my room anyday.
 
CommandoXJ96 said:
alright i know most people dont wanna take the time to listen to some kid bitch...

25292.jpg
 
CommandoXJ96 said:
ok i guess i should have explained better.... someone was talking politics on TV and she turns to me and starts Forcing her opinions on me... and basically i said no thats ok... im not listening to that; either let me give my opinions also or we're not having this conversation.... so i gave some of mine - nice and polite like; and she starts yelling and bitching becuase i said the "wrong thing". By no means was i doing anything just to piss her off - i do my best to avoid talking to her about Politics.

ive been trying for 3 months to convince her id be fine up in redington - me and my dad go up there everyweekend and i know it well it enough id be fine and she just keeps freaking out.

i shouldnt have even posted anything here... but by the time she took both sets of my Jeep keys... i needed to 'vent' i guess....



Edit:
Oh and about the whole "freedom" thing... when i used to try and go play paintball my mother acted like i had no right to do something "So Disgusting" ... she told me that playing all those violent games would turn me into some Highschool Killer like at Columbine... and i might be eaten by a mountain lion while i was out there anyways.

this has been going on for months... and im about ready to just surrender... not offroad/paintball or even drive the damn car.

She's either genuinely scared for you (possibly phobic) or she has control issues (not to put too much of a simplistic bent on the situation), but in either case you will have to learn to work her for what you want. I don't mean lie or deceive, but figure out what is making her tic and work her around to allowing you to take more responsibiligy on yourself. She may have some serious issue you don't even know about. It will take some serious effort, and possibly sacrifice, on your part, but it will be much better in the long run if you can find a reasonable middle ground.

I know a reasonable voice at this point doesn't seem very useful, or even reasonable, but use your down time to do some serious thinking.

Good Luck.
 
I used to live in Tucson and I used to go out to Cheeva and Charoulou Gap all the time. I think its Charoulou that's near Redington Pass. I had just learned how to drive (in a 94 Geo Tracker) and then shortly after I learned to 4 wheel. I took my little Tracker out there, bone stock except for 225's instead of 205's, and ran it no problems. I think she just doesn't understand anything about off-roading. Maybe you could have her come out there sometime with you, let her see for herself that it's not as bad as she might think or that you actually know what you're doing. I do recall seeing a couple people out there shooting every now and then but it was always off the beaten path, away from where all the people were.
 
CommandoXJ96 said:
she also says things like... its too dangerous... i didnt give you that jeep so you could go offroad.... jeeps arent made for offroading (say what??) and im just too plain young.
That's your first problem. Your mom gave you a car for transportation, and you want to go beat it up off road? Unless the title's in your name, it's not really yours. Maybe it's time for you to get your own car.

CommandoXJ96 said:
anybody got any ideas how i can get myself outa this shithole?
Step 1: Find a job.
Step 2: Start making money.
Step 3: Turn 18.
Step 4: Move out.

It seems to me that most people's relationships with their parents improves when they get out on their own, anyhow.
 
well my dad used to bitch at me nearly every night about wheeling the XJ he bought for me. then when i turned 18 and graduated from highschool, i went out and bought my own friggin jeep. then i proceeded to take it whereever i wanted, whenever i wanted. it was so friggin sweet to be able to just go out jeepin, get it stuck, slide around trees, dent it etc. and not have to worry about my everyday driver (still had the jeep he bought me) being messed up or pissing off my parents. id say save your pennies, get a job, save up a few grand and go buy a beater you can go wheelin in. and if she is genuinely scared about you being eaten by a mountain lion.....convince her to buy you a gun because since its YOUR jeep (the one youre going to buy on your own), YOU are gonna wheel it wether she likes it or not.
 
olivedrabcj7 said:
well my dad used to bitch at me nearly every night about wheeling the XJ he bought for me. then when i turned 18 and graduated from highschool, i went out and bought my own friggin jeep. then i proceeded to take it whereever i wanted, whenever i wanted. it was so friggin sweet to be able to just go out jeepin, get it stuck, slide around trees, dent it etc. and not have to worry about my everyday driver (still had the jeep he bought me) being messed up or pissing off my parents. id say save your pennies, get a job, save up a few grand and go buy a beater you can go wheelin in. and if she is genuinely scared about you being eaten by a mountain lion.....convince her to buy you a gun because since its YOUR jeep (the one youre going to buy on your own), YOU are gonna wheel it wether she likes it or not.
But be somewhat more subtle about it....because she could still pull out the "I'm your mom and if you go 4-wheeling you're grounded" bit...
 
Whatever happened to 'children should be seen and not heard' :D

I'm far right myself on some things, left on others, depends on the issues. Got two teenagers, daughter has a good level head but one hell of a temper, son does some stupid stuff but generally survives. Both are smart, she applies herself, he coasts.
I agree on the 18 get a job, own place and face reality, it amazes me how much smarter my parents got as I got older. Sometimes you just have to learn when to put a cork in it, don't shake the soda bottle before you open it and if you do be prepared for the consequences.
Ever listen to bad bad leroy brown ? Lotta wisdom in that song...
 
Bwah hah ahhahhhh

Go mom!

I'd smack the hell outta you too.. spouting political drivel.. a grounding would be the least of your worries..

I'll never make the mistake of asking my parents or my hypothetical kids about their political views... lest I find I'd raised an ill adjusted monster...

The very fact that you managed to start a big enough argument regarding politics tells me you need to lighten up and open your mind...

it's been proved to you! you're grounded because you take yourself too seriously!
 
Last edited:
Stick to your guns, while following the house rules and treat your mom with respect. Do not give her any ammo to use against you.
If she can't grasp that you have an opinion, she needs professional help.
 
Back
Top