• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Eastward bound in October

xjcase

NAXJA Forum User
After a few months up in Summit the option to move back and take over the mortgage in my mom's old house has been presented to me, and it sounds very much like my girlfriend and I are going to move to Virginia...

I'll miss Colorado dearly - it's part of the reason why I bought an XJ in the first place, with all of the trails around and the proximity to Moab. I will miss the trails and the mountains, but a number of good things will come out of the move, such as...

My girlfriend will be able to keep her horses on the property and start the riding school she has always dreamed of or get involved in some other horse related business

My jeep will finally have a garage worthy of being called a garage (and will get a lift installed in it pronto!)

I'll be working with a friend at his personal shop for a few months so any number of things will happen to my jeep... (think big)

Unrelated to moving to VA, but awesome regardless is that I now have access to a pretty, new f350 to pull the jeep and horses around.

I toyed around with the idea of selling the Jeep due to lack of trails and the closure of many in the area and the better likelihood of selling the jeep here but the access to a tow rig and full shop has me thinking otherwise...

That said, anyone have any advice on shipping an xj on 35s? I was planning on removing the rack and just shipping it using a high rated auto broker like red carpet but I've never dealt with it and we will be shipping two jeeps. If anyone has any experience with this stuff please chime in!

I'll be leaving mid october with a dog, cat, and two horses and driving for 30+ hours...

Just want it to be clear that I will remain a redname and XJ owner despite this move and will still frequent the chapter board to make sure everyone is staying sane (or not)

I'm also excited to build the jeep into something a bit more capable and much different and trucking it out to CO again for either COfest or maybe head out for a spring fling in Moab with ya guys!

While I didn't meet everyone, I did meet a few of you and I'm happy to have met and gone on trails with those that I did and do honestly hope that I will be able to again in the future.

Where we're headed:

Picture13.png

Jeez. First Daryl, now this guy? SO jealous of those digs man.......

Is that a train caboose as a pool house?

That place looks amazing.

As far as shipping the Jeep, yeah, definitely remove and pack the rack. You might also consider packing the 35's in the moving van and getting a set of stock rollers to mount on the jeep for the transport. Keeps it from being so tall and likely easier fit on the racks of the transport truck.

Back