• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doorless

I used plumers tape..But you can just unplug the switch on the door..I install and remove my doors all the time, thats why i did the plumers tape..

yeah there are a lot of ways to do it, but it will tweak your unibody, my darn trunk doesnt close right now unless the jeep is on an angle haha. not worth it IMO

it will not fold, BUT I am a firm believer that if you roll over it will reduce that amount of protection. with that said, I would go for...just wheel carful if you dont have a cage.

i love doorless.. a few cons IMO, Dust/dirt and an 80* day is great, but get out on the highway later in the evening and 65-70* wind while your driving sucks.. hahaha

i drive doorless once it gets over 45*

yeah there are a lot of ways to do it, but it will tweak your unibody, my darn trunk doesnt close right now unless the jeep is on an angle haha. not worth it IMO

STFU..I have laid mine on it side, twisted the crap out of it..Put the doors back on an close them..No problems with the doors or the hatch..
You have always been down on any mods people do, i guess you are just that type of person..:looser:
Take your doors off an have fun with it.. Enjoy the fresh air and sometimes the rain..LOL

You've been saying this for months.

And I'm still waiting for you to explain how having less weight hanging on the unibody causes more stress...

Robert

i went on an RTI ramp with my doors on and it did tweak the body, of course i was stupid enough to open the rear hatch when it was flexed out. but the latch on the hatch is kinda messed up now and it is harder to close and open now.

i went on an RTI ramp with my doors on...

You mean off?

Doesn't prove a lot to me, I guess you could try the same flex with the doors on, and pop the hatch, and see how it compares.

But I'm going to guess that a 20 year old unibody is going to flex a bit when you twist it up, regardless.

And looking at the design of the door, hinge, and striker, I'm not inclined to believe that they reinforce the body a bit.

Robert

It's foolish to think the doors provide any support for the unibody. Actually, it's what they thought 8 yrs ago and still haven't proven anything. Of course it's the a, b and c pillars that do the work, not the doors. Usually dinks that say that sort of thing or guys that never had the doors off.

SPOBI!! all the doors do is to privide SOME protection from a side crash/impact and to try to keep out the weather.

i made my front doors removeable and have made up a set of tube doors using chewy blazer tire carriers. the only times that i have had any trouble opening/closing my doors or hatch was when i mashed my stock rear bumper coming off a drop and it would not let my hatch open until hammered down some. then i mashed up my rockers without sliders and had to apply some gental persuasion with a hammer to the bent up metal.

and let my guess emr, if you do anything to your jeep then its gonna fold like a taco right?

lol. I'm taking it he's a regular for this bs? lol

lol. mine will flex on a 4" rock, doors on OR off.
imo take em off!!!!
Kinda funny when you get that look from the wrangler guys when you drive by doorless too.....

Back