• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you guys like body-colored or black bumpers?

Do you guys like body-colored or black bumpers?

• Body-colored

Votes: 78 24.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 66.1%
  • Other

Votes: 28 8.9%

• Total voters
RichP said:
Color depends on if they match rustoleum colors or not :laugh3:

Yea thast me too i have taken down a few trees and lost to a few as well... (my poor poor fender :hang: ) bt yea just do what you think will looke the best. and speaking of rustoleum the old xj is gonna get a flame job as soon as my frickin fender gets here :wierd:

I just bought one of those dark red 2000 Classics this weekend and boy, it sure looks good with the same colored bumpers and trim.

I think it depends on the color of the jeep whether or not it can pull of the whole colored bumper thing. Late models with dark colors such as the blue, green, and deep red look pretty good with painted bumpers. But the white doesn't, it seems it needs the black to break it up a little bit. It's all personal taste of course.

I actually like the chrome bumbers of my '88. They seem much more durable to the constant threat of stone chips. They also a lot easier to clean the bug splats off of - when the XJ gets cleaned! The chrome bumbers have held up a lot better than the painted flares and body moldings.

yea ive got the chromies as well on my 86 but the front bumper is trashed its all twisted and shiz from goin into mud pits and a tree givin me a bad look the best way to go if its a offroad toy is an aftermarket bumper (usually powder coated black) they dont bend up as easy :laugh3:

Black, then again, I no longer have the stock bumpers. I'm thinking a white match colored winch bumper and rear 2x6 bumper would be gay looking.

Duplicolor bed liner black. I travel down a lot of gravel roads and it really chews up the front bumper and just behind the fender flairs. Bed liner is the only thing that I’ve found that will stand up to it. You can get the bed liner in a color to match the rest of the Jeep, but black is all I’ve ever seen around here. I guess it doesn’t really matter because my XJ is all black anyways.

my 96 is dark blue on top and silver on the bottom half i like it that way but if it was solid blue i would probly go for black bumpers.

I plan on going Rustolium Hammerite. I believe the color is Bronze on the can label. Actually a gray.

black IS the color of my jeep, i choose all of the above :laugh3:

Black!! I did mine in Dupli-color bed liner paint. Very easy to do. Has standed up very well and does'nt hold dirt the way I thought it would. And looks great!

If anybody wants a stock rear bumper SILVER off an '01, let me know. With SILVER end caps. It's laying in my garage.......

no one said my favorite answer

the best trim color, including bumpers, is mud

Since I drive a white 89 Laredo with white flares and chrome bumpers that really beat up I vote black since that what I want to replace them with.

Back