• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Displeased with Quadratec!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Hopp

NAXJA Forum User
I had ordered an exhaust header from Quadratec. Three days later it was at the door. I couldn't have asked for a faster delivery.
Upon opening the box I almost immediatly noticed the 1/2" flange was warped! I placed a straight edge across the flange and it was straight from the first to the fifth primary. From the fifth to the sixth tube the flange then began to wander off a 1/4".
I didn't know if the 1/2" thick flange would straighten and more importantly seal with the 25 ft/lbs of torque the manual calls for.
I decided to exchange it. I went back to Quadratecs website to gather information on returns. To my supprise, Quadratec held me responsible for shipping it back to them for exchange.
This didn't sit well with me. I just spent hundreds of dollars on this thing, now it was going to cost me more!
I decided to contact them via email to explain the situation figuring they would work with me on it.
They replied only with the exact words stated in their "SATISFACTION GUARANTEED" statement that says the customer pays for the return shipping.
I guess this means tough crap in Quadratecs words!

So with this information I warn you to be cautious when ordering from Quadratec.:smsoap:

dothedew24_7 said:
What's with the "registering to rant" trend?

x2

ive dealt with quadratec over a dozen times and ive found thier parts to be of high quality, ive never had a problem with them. :dunno: shit happens bro nobody is perfect. if it states in thier guarantee that you pay shipping to send it back, then thats what you do.

I'd get some clarification on that return shipping. Lots of other vendors require you to ship back on your dime, then once the item is verified to be defective they send out a replacement with a refund for the return shipping.

What are they, like 45 min to an hour from your house, they are like a mile off 476 westchester, shoot up there and make sure the new one is straight. Thats one of the downsides of dealing mailorder that can be a real PIA, one of the reasons I like to order thru one of the local shops and eyeball it before I pay for it.
Shoot up Rt1 to 476 and take it to the boothill exit, take a left off the exit, cross over 476, 50 yards to the light, take a left at the light and it's about 1-2 miles on the left, just look for all the parked school busses, they are in that complex. You will see the 20+ jeeps parked there, the downside is it's really easy to buy stuff like that once you inside...

Didn't someone here have an issue with a messed up flange on their header a while back ?

Nope, that's their policy. I had to return something once, and I had to pay for shipping. They likely implemented the policy because they were getting burned on shipping costs. Maybe they're trying to discourage people from returning things.

I did have ONE issue with Quadratec. I had ordered an engine/tranny skid and upon receiving it discovered that it was not as I expected. Plus, there was missing or used hardware. And inside the box was a letter from a dissatisfied customer.

So Quadratec had received this skid in return, then turned around and sent it out to me without checking to see if everything was in the box.

I still like looking at their catalog, though. And I would order from them again. I'd just make sure that it is something that I would not have to return.

I just love it when someone bitches about someone's policy that is in plain sight.

Maybe you should have read about return shipping BEFORE you ordered from them.

I'll probably never order from Quadratec either. I ordered a set of polyurethane shackle bushings. Bastards shipped out a shrinkwrapped card that was missing the 2 bushings I was most interested in, then took better than 3 months to get me the rest of my missing shipment.

wine-cheese.jpg

We need to discourage this sort of thing, otherwise NAXJA Forums will turn into a place where just about anyone with a computer can slam a manufacture or a dealer. We need to rephrase the Forum rules so that they state:

"Participants may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company. This includes companies recommending other companies. Participants may not solicit the membership for feedback or suggestions on their commercial product or services."

mtnxj said:
ROFLMFAO! Now that is classic. Nicely done.

Stop. You're embarrassing me :eek:

I don't know...I want to agree with you but...Well take TNT for example. Obviously a great company that pleases 90% of the people here. Last week when a guy came here to slam them those same 90% of people stood up for TNT and at least in my eyes made them look better then they did before the thread came up.

The way I look at it, big companies like Quadratec, Rusty's, TNT, and the others can either take the criticism and do something with it (like TNT did) or they can do nothing and let their reputation go down the toilet.

That being said...for someone to come here, first post and whine like the OP of this thread did...well thats kind of dumb.
Zuki-Ron said:
We need to discourage this sort of thing, otherwise NAXJA Forums will turn into a place where just about anyone with a computer can slam a manufacture or a dealer. We need to rephrase the Forum rules so that they state:

"Participants may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company. This includes companies recommending other companies. Participants may not solicit the membership for feedback or suggestions on their commercial product or services."

Report it and let the Mods decide. That's why they get the big $$$.

Zuki-Ron said:

WHY ?!?!?! We dont need more stinking rules, he got a couple of calm replys from the level headed crowd and then the got sniped by the rest, leave it alone, it amusing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back