• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DEATH WOBBLE

- castor = death wobble. Camber and toe has nothing to do with it. Because if it did a race car wouldn't make it to the first corner.

Mine can't be adjusted more then 4.5* so I mask it with a Rusty's offroad duel stabilizer setup.

Last edited:
Stabilizers DO fix DW. It does not fix the loose/bent/broken/unbalanced/etc part that is causing DW, but it can remove the violent shaking (DW). Point is, sometimes it is easy to put a stabilizer on it then to change the component that is causing DW.

Stabilizers DO fix DW. It does not fix the loose/bent/broken/unbalanced/etc part that is causing DW, but it can remove the violent shaking (DW). Point is, sometimes it is easy to put a stabilizer on it then to change the component that is causing DW.

Yeah. In the same way it's easier to cover the mouth of the rape victim than it is to just stop the rape...

If just toning out the screams for help works for you, so be it. I'd rather be a hero and help the reason behind them

Kenny are you not running a track bar?
I see a drag link, and a tie rod, but no track bar?
How does that work?

Yeah. In the same way it's easier to cover the mouth of the rape victim than it is to just stop the rape...

If just toning out the screams for help works for you, so be it. I'd rather be a hero and help the reason behind them

Stopping a rape that you are committing does not make you a hero, even if Darren does thank you when you stop.

I agree and disagree with what you are saying. If you have a set up that (for what ever reason) requires zero play in the track bar bushing, you can continue to put a new bushing in everytime out, OR, you could put a stablizer on there to allow for some play in the bushing.

I agree that you shouldn't ignore an worn ball joint, or steering joint as it may cause a more serious failure.

Caster left 5.2 right 5.4
Called Houston today and he's got a 2.5 in drop arm coming in for me and he said bring it in and go for a test ride but I'm afraid of even driving in over there and its maybe 6 miles away.

Caster left 5.2 right 5.4
Called Houston today and he's got a 2.5 in drop arm coming in for me and he said bring it in and go for a test ride but I'm afraid of even driving in over there and its maybe 6 miles away.

I'LL FOLLOW YOU OVER THERE IF NEED BE.

Adjust your caster before you drive it over there. You know your starting point so put an angle finder on the axle and roll the pinion down 1.3 degrees that will get the caster closer to where it should be

Adjust your caster before you drive it over there. You know your starting point so put an angle finder on the axle and roll the pinion down 1.3 degrees that will get the caster closer to where it should be

X2. I took mine to Lester they set it up did the best they could to align mine. I then just used there print out and an angle finder to fine tune mine the best I could.

Kenny are you not running a track bar?
I see a drag link, and a tie rod, but no track bar?
How does that work?

Its there, its in perfect angle with the drag link. There is probably 1000 post on both the cause & solution to DW. This is a post that can wobble on for a long time

Yea, I think we were already talking about this.

My wrangler has horrible bump steer now that I did the SOA on OME leafs. I knew it was going to be there but damn, it's bad. So bad I can't drive over 25 safely and that's pushing it. I hope to have mine fixed soon with a crossover knuckle and 1 ton setup.

So instead of buying new hubs then ball joints Houston down at superior off-road told me to bring it down so he could take It for a quick test drive , so I said sure . Told him about the Caster angles and they added a little and it drives down the road now, imagine that . Supper nice guys , just did it without any hesitation even though he was super busy . Thanks for all the help naxja crew !

Back