• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 build....

i would guess so, if they're willing to press on the bearings??:dunno:

i know i sure would be pissed to get my shafts shipped to me with bearings pressed on and no retainer plates!! I don't have any personal experience with this though, as I said I've always done it myself. Just saying that to me it would be worth it to give them the extra $25 to not need to bother.

Any thoughts on what you are going to do with the breather valve? I would definitely give some thought about upgrading it rather than use the stock plastic one. I just found out I had a ton of water in my diff, and I've only driven it about 600 miles or so, and hasn't been offroad once yet.

:( isn't there something you can do with the TJ plates to modify them to work on the XJ? If so, is that something you can do with the plates/bearings on already or no?

Just get the XJ backing plates from the dealer and then have the backing plate, seal, bearing, bearing retainer all pressed on by your local machine shop/garage.

They should be under $15 for a pair.

northridge4x4 will sell you either backing plate you wish (they carry the rubicon retainer plate), but if you plan on doing modifications to the tj bracket, DO NOT HAVE them install it! you gotta press it off to modify the backing plate, then get em pressed back on again! a lot of work!

but yeah, they have em, so let it save you a trip to retardealership.

as of two weeks ago, they had alloy usa shafts as well!

No, he will give you a choice of a Rubicon or TJ backing plate if you want it pressed on.

He doesn't have any for the XJ.

THATS funny, because my friend just ordered axles, and somehow he ended up buying both the xj plates, and the rubicon plates... are we both talking about northridge4x4?

Maybe I'm wrong, but he didn't give me that option when I ordered mine on Thursday night.

I didn't pay the $25, so I'm pretty sure I will not get any plates!

maybe he ran out? i use the ones with rubicon retainers anyways, so the only use for my xj retainer plates is for marking holes on the rubis

Any thoughts on what you are going to do with the breather valve? I would definitely give some thought about upgrading it rather than use the stock plastic one. I just found out I had a ton of water in my diff, and I've only driven it about 600 miles or so, and hasn't been offroad once yet.

Yeah I went to hardware store and picked up a brass nipple that's threaded on one end. Ill just drill and tap out the existing hole to fit then run a line into the cab somewhere.

On a side note, now that my shock mounts are moved up im going to need some shorter shocks. Im thinking about going with Qa1's. Anybody have any expreience with these? They look pretty trick.

On a side.... side note, if you are ordering axles and thinking about doing a disk swap using stock xj backing plates, you will also have to put the spacers on prior to pressing on the bearings.

Back