• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Daily driver...long or short arm

if your not gonna wheel it....by and lift a hummer h2 and leave the real 4x4 to people that want to use it for what it was intended

H2 are gay...and im jeep through and through

as for the ppl who use jeeps for what they were 'intended for' ive got a full width build im gathering parts for so does that count.

my question is if you love jeeps why cant you use one that ya beat the hell out of and one that is really nice for a DD? i dont get why ppl gotta be haters on us DD users

NOMercy go with long arms, if you could afford them go for it. if i could afford them i'd go for it. As of right now i have adjustable control arms and i like the ride and flex just like the long arms. This is my .02 for being a DD and not touching dirt i personally can not see paying as much a 700 (at the lowest) for long arm upgrade that will never touch dirt. Long arms arent the only thing that what makes the ride, its ur shocks. The better the shock the better it will handle and perform. and again this is not to be rude toward you or a flame...

Last edited:
im kinda confused. I think your waiting for someone to tell you everything will be A-O-K if you stick to short arms and NO drop brackets,

the final answer is NO, if you are going 5.5 your options are A) Drop brackets B) Long arms.

there. all summed up, can we lock this now?

im kinda confused. I think your waiting for someone to tell you everything will be A-O-K if you stick to short arms and NO drop brackets,

the final answer is NO, if you are going 5.5 your options are A) Drop brackets B) Long arms.

im glad your not a moderator, this thread does not need to be locked.
its a train wreck that might have another explosion in it!
your sum up of the situation is right on track though...

understood about shocks, they will be decent ones at the very least. i can choke down long arms if i have to, but was just hoping that someone would come on here and say that short arms ride fine at that lift height in a Cherokee cause of the longer wheel base. also i want to be able to throw the keys to anyone and it be drivable for them, so that also points to a 4 link long arm at that height. well i guess ill save up a little while longer and get me a Full Traction Kit

THANKS MR.OVERKILL YOUR EXPERTISE WAS EXTREAMLY HELPFULL HERE, I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE WITH OUT YOU. IM BUILDING A SHRINE TO YOU TOMORROW. SCREW JESUS...YOUR NOW MY SAVIOR!:worship:

understood about shocks, they will be decent ones at the very least. i can choke down long arms if i have to, but was just hoping that someone would come on here and say that short arms ride fine at that lift height in a Cherokee cause of the longer wheel base. also i want to be able to throw the keys to anyone and it be drivable for them, so that also points to a 4 link long arm at that height. well i guess ill save up a little while longer and get me a Full Traction Kit

THANKS MR.OVERKILL YOUR EXPERTISE WAS EXTREAMLY HELPFULL HERE, I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE WITH OUT YOU. IM BUILDING A SHRINE TO YOU TOMORROW. SCREW JESUS...YOUR NOW MY SAVIOR!:worship:
cool go with the full traction and 33's and call it done.

Cherokees have a longer wheel base then wranglers so i figure that effects the ride...thats where im comming from seeing as how ive only owned wranglers b4

and not DONT LOCK THE TREAD IM HAVING TO MUCH FUN! lol:yap:

Back