• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 u bolts

aroncull

NAXJA Forum User
Where's a good place to get the U bolts for a D44 conversion on my 97 sport? It is from an 88 cherokee..

Or should i say, how about the best place to get really good U bolts from...
Would the ones that autozone has/orders be ok? or should i get beefer ones [if possible]

sorry for the lame a$$ noob Q guys.. thanks

Aaron

Or just look for a spring shop in Denver. Surly you guys have one. I get mine from Rocky Mountain Spring here in the Springs.

Sweet!!!!!!!
Thanks guys!

-Aaron

My 44 is a 2.75. I got new u-bolts made and used stock spring plates.

Currently have a D35 havnt measured u bolts... assumed they were different size...

Sorry, my bad, I would have thought that a D44 would have a thicker tube being that it is such a popular axle...guess it is all in the axle shafts....maybe thicker walled tubes.

Yeah new was my impression as well due to them sorta setting in and whatever..whatever!.. ill get new anyways its just money!!!!

ColoradoXJ13 said:
Sorry, my bad, I would have thought that a D44 would have a thicker tube being that it is such a popular axle...guess it is all in the axle shafts....maybe thicker walled tubes.

Sort of off topic, but you mean diameter. Some D44 have 2.75 or 3" dia. tubes. They usually have 3/8 tube thickness up to some having 1/2 inch. Much beefier. I think D35s are only 1/4" tube thickness. I might be wrong but on that, but D35 tubes are not thick as D44s. That I know. I'll shut up now

I agree with Dirt Surfer Rock Mountain Spring Made them for $3 less a U bolt and also was able to get them that day and did not have to order them. None of the local shops had them. I also thought the D35 was the same dia. tube. Mine was not. OK that is only $12 savings but still... Look for a Spring shop locally.

Thanks!!

Back