• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D35...what should I do?

Beezil said:
Goatman the troll.

who woulda thunk it?

:dunno:

Sheit you think this is a troll. Take a look at this this

REAL XJ's

Y'all remember that dont you?

I've been checking these out and trying to decide if it the way to go. I've got a guy here local who has a few and is willimg to let them go for 300.00 each. I think its a good deal and can't find them any cheaper. I want to put 37s on the rig and a blown 350.

So what do you guys think should I buy one????

hinkley

BTW if some else wants one I can set the deal up for you, just send me the cash first!

Mark Hinkley said:
I've been checking these out and trying to decide if it the way to go. I've got a guy here local who has a few and is willimg to let them go for 300.00 each. I think its a good deal and can't find them any cheaper. I want to put 37s on the rig and a blown 350.

So what do you guys think should I buy one????

hinkley

BTW if some else wants one I can set the deal up for you, just send me the cash first!

One what? and it's "willing" not "willimg".

Pete M said:
Dana 30 frontaxle COT: 640 MOT: 2350
Dana 35 rear axle COT: 870 MOT: 3480
Dana 44 rear axle COT: 1100 MOT: 4460
Ford 8.8 28spline COT: 1250 MOT: 4600
Ford 8.8 31spline COT: 1360 MOT: 5100

So the 8.8 can handle about 60% more torque than the D35. Does this mean I can run 60% bigger tire? d35 stock 29"/ 8.8 46" I am gonna get an 8.8 and some Irocs. Thanks for that informative Chart...

I guess I will scrap the idea of the rockwells and 33's... 8.8 is the way to go.
I heard the Toyota rears run in reverse from Dana axles since they are manufactured on the other side of the earth.. its a global thing.

JnJ said:
One what? and it's "willing" not "willimg".

The best rear axle available, I thought of all people even you could figure that out!!

Thank you for you concern, I'll have a talk with my fat finger!

hinkley

Go 14-bolt or go home.

I found a couple of YJ's with 14bolts front and rear for $1000. I'm going to flip them and run them sideways so they act as sliders.

Anyone want to buy two upsidedown YJ's minus axles?

basalt51 said:
Go 14-bolt or go home.

I found a couple of YJ's with 14bolts front and rear for $1000. I'm going to flip them and run them sideways so they act as sliders.

Anyone want to buy two upsidedown YJ's minus axles?

Sold!

[think of something witty]

Could I run dual D35s and make a 6x6, this would make them twice as strong?

[/think of something witty]

BTW, yes 14B or go home.

-jb

Since there are 30 spline lockers for the D35 now, they should work with D44 front axles. So, I think a D35 turned upside down so it's high pinion and retubed to fit D44 inner C's would make a killer front axle that's light weight with great ground clearance.

Light weight rules........

D60's are becoming obsolete.......

14B's are boat anchors......

;)

:laugh3:

I have access to a CUCV and a F-350 4x4. Which of these rear axles would be better if I chose to go that route? What about the front axle if I decide to use one of these full width rear axles? The CUCV front axle has the diff on the wrong side so that's out... The F-350 axles look kinda weird compared to my stock XJ's. ( I know, DUH!)

But I have them if I want them...

In an attempt to salvage your request for advice...

The CUCV's usually came with detroits and low low gearing...

flip a 300 for the front axle or retube the pumpkin

Now take 2 steps back and run away from this thread...

Back