• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom rear driveshaft

whiteXJ01

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 01 XJ with a 4.5" RE lift on 32s. My front driveshaft vibrates pretty good so time to yard the t-case drop kit and get an SYE kit. My question is: is there any way to figure what the length of the rear driveshaft I'd need before I get into the install of the SYE? I'd like to be able to do it all in one fell swoop instead of rendering the jeep not drivable while waiting for a new driveshaft.

Look into running a stock front in the rear. Been covered many times. And after your sye is in you can pop it in 4 with no rear shaft and drive.

if your doing an SYE there is no reason to drop the transfer case. the SYE will also not change the front output, only the rear.

is your front shaft worn or is the pinion angle on the axle causing the vibration? that would be a good question to ask before spending money. you should be fine with a stock front shaft from an auto cherokee for a rear drive shaft... but the proper way to do it will be to install the SYE kit and measure. check the FAQs for a spicer PDF of factory shaft application.

@VAhasnoWAVES From what I understand, t case drop kits actually increase the front driveshaft angle. That's why I got an SYE. I'm getting rid of the t case drop to reduce the front angle and the SYE will fix the rear angle.

manual or auto? Auto Front DS works well in the rear with an auto, but with a manual it will be too short.

for a manual tranny get a 93-98 ZJ front with v8 and auto, I pulled 2 the other day that were 34.5" long and there were about 5 more at the PNP here in sacramento.

Back