• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cummins vs. Powerstroke

I have a 98 Dodge quadcab CTD 12valve wth a 5 speed. The truck has 240,000 miles and still runs and pulls great. The truck is bone stock except for a 4 inch exhaust. I get 15-16 pulling my Jeep and I get 17+ pulling my boat. The interior is in great shape, no squeaks or rattles. The body does have some rust. But it is all because the previous owner ran into alot of small things and never patched the dings and paint chips which allowed it to rust.

is this a joke? if so......good one!

Powerstroke all the way. :peace:

My poor deranged boss insists on Fords....he has had 3 different trucks all ford...7.3 with auto....every one of them killed the trans at least once...one of them twice....I never thought you could snap a input shaft and sun gear housing like that....anyway....they all have had problems with injector seal leaks...his '02 reeks so bad from fuel it will make you hurl. And the unit bearing hubs are garbage....his were worn out at 70K....

One of our vendors (an electrician) has an original Dodge/Cummins...first production....original engine with a bazillion miles....it won't die....it rattles, smokes and sounds like crap....but it keeps going....the frame has broke and been patched so many times it looks like someone built the front half from little pieces....somebody kill it.

The son of a longtime friend has a 2500 hd duramax 4x4 with a few tweeks...(can you say Gale Banks?) that is absolutely the baddest pickup I have ever seen in person....it will KILL my MJ heads up...

Last edited:
Back