• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cruise control won't hold

kirkwood

NAXJA Forum User
lot of great cruise tips here, but can't find my specific problem.

Wehn driving at highway speeds, if i click the set button it will grab, but won't hold as soon as I let go of the button. If i hold button it will continue to accelrate.

I have checked all wires for continuity/reistance per the TSM, and and the vac canister holds great vacuum. I put a new servo on it even!

The engine/electronics are from a 93 XJ, but it is a 4.0 swap. I have a TF transmission, so I used a speed sensor from an aftermarket company. They tell me that the speed sensor is totally compatible with the Jeep PCM, but this problem points back to it.

The speed sensor I have puts out out a 8PPR square wave signal, supposed to be around 5-6 volts DC output. Does anyone know what the factory sensor is supposed to put out? I can't find a spec for it. Of course, if anyone has any other ideas I'd apreciate your input!

Thanks!

thanks guys.

the line rus from the intake to the canister to the servo, lines are new and I have tested the check valve/tank with a vac tester and a guage - looks like vacuum is not the problem.

I have a '92, and have had the same problem intermittantly for the seven years I've owned it. Recently, I purchased the new stalk/switch from Jeepsareus.com, and it now works more often(!). (The washer paddle was broken, so now that works, too). What I have come to notice is that it almost always will not work if the headlights are on. On a warm sunny day, push the button, and it grabs good. Gloomy, or at night, with lights on, it will barely grab, and quickly peters out. I have been wondering if the Neutral Safety Switch plays a part. Sometimes, my reverse lights don't work, either. And, the cruise might only want to work if the car was in gear? Just a thought.

Back