• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crawl fees for dinner etc

NAXJA Forum User
It's been 7 years since we've been to a Crawl and we can't remember (and I may be blind and ust overlooked it) but other than paying for our camping and the trail permit (and normal daily food) what else do we need money for?

I know there has been a catered dinner etc in the past but is happening this year if anything? Is this just a simple registration fee per vehicle and then pay per person for the dinner (again if there is one)??

Thanks!

The crawl fee will include the catered meal (if there is one this year) for Saturday night. There will be the option to add additional meal tickets if we do a catered meal, as well as add additional raffle tickets.

The remaining fees will be to the camp ground (primitive or cabin), trail pass, pot luck dinner, and any other food along the way.

Right now the idea has been presented of doing your own dinner on Friday and pushing the pot-luck to Saturday, which would eliminate the catered meal. But, that's still being discussed and by no means is final yet.

Right now the idea has been presented of doing your own dinner on Friday and pushing the pot-luck to Saturday, which would eliminate the catered meal. But, that's still being discussed and by no means is final yet.

I'm all for this! Its too difficult to find a good reliable caterer down there.

So what is the registration fee for the Crawl then? I'm sure it's posted but I'm blind.

So what is the registration fee for the Crawl then? I'm sure it's posted but I'm blind.

All of that has yet to be worked out. When it is, they will post a registration form with all the amounts listed.

Go to the closed event section and you can view the registration forms from previous years Crawls to get an idea of what all may be required for fees.

I for one will vote to have food catered. Id rather ride than cook.

I have no issue living off hot dogs, water, and potato chips the entire weekend. My kids won't mind that either!!

Hey...just because we were on the trails for 14 hours back in '06 at Tellico doesn't mean you couldn't have eaten!! Yes...that was us back then.

LOL :)

Hey...just because we were on the trails for 14 hours back in '06 at Tellico doesn't mean you couldn't have eaten!! Yes...that was us back then.

LOL :)

Hey wait wasn't that when I got sent out on a search mission and we meet up on your way out on trial 5 maybe?

sure was , man that was one hell of a day!

That was us.

We had 1 XJ with front wheel drive only literally a single axle shaft driving it...luckily the 1 good drive shaft and axle shaft were both driving the same axle, Travis had blown a tire, a YJ that was not doing too well, I had rolled earlier that day and popped a brake line, and we went DOWN School Bus at 10 PM after all the carnage. One hell of a day! Oh and that was after having broken a track bar end about 200' after getting off of trail 1 at the beginning of the day!

That was us.

We had 1 XJ with front wheel drive only literally a single axle shaft driving it...luckily the 1 good drive shaft and axle shaft were both driving the same axle, Travis had blown a tire, a YJ that was not doing too well, I had rolled earlier that day and popped a brake line, and we went DOWN School Bus at 10 PM after all the carnage. One hell of a day! Oh and that was after having broken a track bar end about 200' after getting off of trail 1 at the beginning of the day!

Sounds like the Tellico we know and love. :party: :wave:

Another thing to consider in the Catering Vs Potluck debate. Is the impact that our event can have on the local community. Remember that the reasons that Black Mountain opened in the first place was to bring money into the local economy. We need to do our best to help out the places that give us a place to play. If the communities don't make money it is alot harder to justify keeping the parks open. I bet a few hundred dollars for catering our meal could make a pretty big difference to one of the local restaurants.

Jim

Back