• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crashed XJ

Shaggy's XJ

NAXJA Forum User
No injuries, but I lost my XJ today. Wife was driving and stepped out to pass the tractor and he turned left. Tractor had no working lights.

IMAG0504.jpg

IMAG0500.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

IMAG0503.jpg

IMAG0499.jpg

Last edited:
hope the wife is ok,

looks like it's salvageable, trail rig duty for sure.

BAH itll buff out. Glad everyone is OK.

Don't let Dr. Moab see that.

wow that could of been ugly, glad everyone is ok

Is no working lights a ticketable offense for the tractor driver? Never had an altercation on-road with farm equipment, so don't know.

Glad the wife's ok.

Is no working lights a ticketable offense for the tractor driver? Never had an altercation on-road with farm equipment, so don't know.

Glad the wife's ok.

None issued at the scene, but a lawyer told me the guy driving the tractor was 100% at fault. Waiting to find out what insurance wants to pay now....

Whew, glad she's ok!

Amazing how much well these old jeeps protect their occupants.

I hear so many stories, of "jeep totalled"...."walked away"...."removing parts and re-installing on new-to-me Jeep."

What a blessing, sir.

DANG and Yellow Cherokee's are oh so rare! I would call that a freak accident, who would think that right when you go to pass the tractor it would turn.

I'm glad nobody was hurt.
That being said, what the hell was your wife doing that she completely missed him turning off the road? I mean if he was turning and hit her, that's one thing, but from that pic it looks like Jeep hit the tractor, not the other way around. The tractor is almost completely off the road... they're big and loud and pretty hard to miss. They they're not exactly very agile, it would have taken a good bit of time (in terms of highway driving speeds) for him to turn and get that far off the road for her to hit him.

Judging by the skid marks, she may have been running speed limit or so when she moved over from a ways back behind the tractor when he turned, the she reacted by jamming on the brakes in a panic stop (I'm guessing it was a Non-ABS truck?) and slid into the left rear tire. What I'm wondering is that if his lights weren't working, did he just turn and not bother to see if somebody was coming, Did he at least try to signal my using his left arm and Shaggy's wife may have missed it, or was the farmer looking for a wreck to get some money from and turned in front of an oncoming automobile.

Harvest season so they have been putting in the hours and if hes anything like the farmers around here he was probably not entirely sober, just guessing.

she was running 55-60mph and was commited to passing when he turned left. none of the lights on the tractor worked. Thinking he didn't look or see her.

My insurance offered $7,104 today and are going to try and get me the $500 deductable from the farmers insurance as well.

Sound fair???

she was running 55-60mph and was commited to passing when he turned left. none of the lights on the tractor worked. Thinking he didn't look or see her.

The way it's beginning to sound, I'll bet he didn't bother looking before turning. How in the hell do you miss a vehicle that is painted that bright of a color if you're sober, not color blind, and still making the attempt to look behind you:shocked:

Back