• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coverage

Haha, yes, you could say that. Team NAXJA rolled four times over two days, lost a fuel pump, and an ORI shock bit the dust hard. Richard and Paul finished despite these mishaps, which is quite an accomplishment.

Confirmed. Richard called a short while ago and said there was a handful of flops and broken items out there on the race. Thanks to inginuity, dedication and teamwork from other competitors, they made it to the end. :clap:

It was a helluva day, glad I was part of it.

It was a helluva day

Yes it was Stephan!
Congrats to Richard and Paul on finishing.
Just to finish this race was quite an accomplishment.
I heard a few other race teams say they were impressed with the support Team NAXJA had for this event.
I was impressed to hear NAXJA relay on the Weatherman channel.
I give a big shout out to everyone that helped!

Here is Team NAXJA in the lineup to start the LCQ on Thursday.

Here are Richard and Paul just before Checkpoint 1 at race mile 23.

Way to go Team NAXJA :worship: Great race and really glad nobody got hurt out there.

When 52 crossed the finish line, I started getting all teary-eyed because of how excited the crew was and to see them finish. It was a great moment. The rigs in that race are becoming more and more impressive. It is quickly becoming a matter of big money and big engines.

I had a great time hauling around the film & photo crews. aftershock's z-turn was a great spot...UBJ was boring...sledgehammer was very awesome but crowded with lots of drunk spectactors. I didnt get to see 52 on the course at all because of our schedule with the filming locations

About an hour later after 52 crossed the finish, Jessi Combs came up and started talking to me as if she knew me. Sat on Richard tire and chatted with us for 20-30 minutes. She is pretty damn cool and hotter in person. Some guys got some pics of her and I and then her and Goat together. Yea....I sniffed Richard's tire. ....and maybe I licked it too. 15 minutes later got to talk to Ian too! Very cool guy!

When 52 crossed the finish line, I started getting all teary-eyed because of how excited the crew was and to see them finish. It was a great moment.

Through the miracle of radio I was there. Whoever keyed up the mic, thanks!

Big dollars didn't help many of the teams.
High horsepower didn't help them finish either!
I am wonder how the money spent played into the finishing order.
The biggest buck rig was also the first out of the race...

*****THIS JUST IN******

Just spoke to Richard and looks like he and paul rolled coming down back door in a trial run. Everyone and everything is 'ok' but it looks like tomorrow is going to be interesting how people come down the wrecking ball waterfall (SUPER NASTY) and back door.

Should be an interesting day tomorrow for sure!!!

That sure was an interesting test run. We wanted to see the bypass to the waterfall before the race so we shot up the back way Thursday afternoon. After realizing that the bypass was pretty nasty too, & with a much worse roll if things turned brown, we deciced to try the fall.

We rolled with a pretty good Pirouette on the first attempt. Then, while sitting there on our side Richard & I realized that we'd have to drive back up & try it agin, what a feeling. Noting like easing into a 15' waterfall for the second time thinking that there's little chance that you're not going to roll exactly the same as 10 minutes before. Fortunately, the Matt tool was holding a safety strap off the back & was able to keep us right side up, he said we would have gone over for sure if he wasn't there. So..., up again to try & nail it without a safety line, whcih we did:)

Richard's got some serious cashews!

Paul

I'm still tired from the event.

I may cut out of work in a few minutes and go take two or three more showers.

That sure was an interesting test run. We wanted to see the bypass to the waterfall before the race so we shot up the back way Thursday afternoon. After realizing that the bypass was pretty nasty too, & with a much worse roll if things turned brown, we deciced to try the fall.

We rolled with a pretty good Pirouette on the first attempt. Then, while sitting there on our side Richard & I realized that we'd have to drive back up & try it agin, what a feeling. Noting like easing into a 15' waterfall for the second time thinking that there's little chance that you're not going to roll exactly the same as 10 minutes before. Fortunately, the Matt tool was holding a safety strap off the back & was able to keep us right side up, he said we would have gone over for sure if he wasn't there. So..., up again to try & nail it without a safety line, whcih we did:)

Richard's got some serious cashews!

Paul

Wow. Sounds like I should have been there.

The Matt tool can be impressive ;)

Great points Rick, all the money in the world won't ensure a win.....got to have a driver/copilot with skills and a killer support team too, then apply some luck on top of that.

Great job Team NAXJA!

I would have to respectfully disagree. First of all if you look at the top ten, for the most part all pretty pricey rigs, and yes The most expensive rig did lose a trans, which was a total fluke. If the trans would not have broke, he would have smoked the field so bad it would have been unreal.

The best Race Cars do break, but also win the most races.

Back