• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corral Canyon May 20

LOL
I've never done the sport loop, only the expert/pro. but i seem to remember the sport times roughly being 1.5 hours, of course that was in March when it was nice and cool in the morning, not the end of may. you've done that race before, right? i havent done it since 06, before the fire.

The map shows part of the race course going up the paved hill to Four Corners? Sounds like Four Corners is going to be a mess for parking/meeting up if this race is as popular as it seems. Since I'm towing, I'll be parking the trailer at the Day Use Area near Lake Morena and driving in from there.

The map shows part of the race course going up the paved hill to Four Corners? Sounds like Four Corners is going to be a mess for parking/meeting up if this race is as popular as it seems. Since I'm towing, I'll be parking the trailer at the Day Use Area near Lake Morena and driving in from there.
you should be fine. they let racers out in waves, and they race on a 6 foot wide path at most. it's not like there's going to be 400 bikes sitting in the parkinglot at 4 corners...
i dont recall many people even hanging out there when i raced.

I am good with meeting up near the road and caravaning into the trail, is everybody good with that? BTW, I haven't heard from Juan Dominguez so I am assuming he will not make it. So I p;lan to do the connector and gunslinger, not necessarrily in that order.

LOL
I've never done the sport loop, only the expert/pro. but i seem to remember the sport times roughly being 1.5 hours, of course that was in March when it was nice and cool in the morning, not the end of may. you've done that race before, right? i havent done it since 06, before the fire.

I've done it a few time when it first started, then a time or two after that.
25 years ago?

Dang! you've been riding a while, huh?
interested in hearing how the course compares today, after all the fires and whatnot. that's still one of my favorite races, maybe second to the idylwild spring challenge and the brian head epic 100. if i was in any sort of racing shape, i'd be there with ya.

I am good with meeting up near the road and caravaning into the trail, is everybody good with that? BTW, I haven't heard from Juan Dominguez so I am assuming he will not make it. So I p;lan to do the connector and gunslinger, not necessarrily in that order.
it looks like there's a rest area between the east and westbound lanes of rt 8 on buckman springs rd, which is the exit we take off the 8. it looks like you get off the 8, hang a left, and an immediate right into the parkinglot. does this seem like a good spot to meet? plenty of parking to air down and whatnot.

it looks like there's a rest area between the east and westbound lanes of rt 8 on buckman springs rd, which is the exit we take off the 8. it looks like you get off the 8, hang a left, and an immediate right into the parkinglot. does this seem like a good spot to meet? plenty of parking to air down and whatnot.
Works for me, what say you folks?

not sure, i cant see why it would be a big deal. you can park it at 4 corners too, it really isnt a big deal, there wont be that many people up there

since it sounds like we're doing bronco connector, what's the plan for the people who cant/wont? just split up at the start, or do gunslinger together and split up while one group does bronco and one group does sidewinder? then meet up for brews and food afterwards?

looks like I am out.

Tom Wood's rear CV shaft won't be in until Monday. The front shaft was supposed to be finished today, but no call from local drive shaft shop and now they're closed for the weekend. :mad:

from what i hear you should really have lockers.

The connector is a pretty difficult/technical trail. Two lockers would def be best. But i've done it with just a front locker and 33's. I'll admit it was way challenging for me and was winched over an obstacle once. Def glad Art was there for the help to.

If enough people show up we will make 2 groups and one group can do sidewinder or maybe gunslinger while the other group does the connector. We will call it when we see who all is there. So we meet at the rest stop by 10 and head for the trails as soon as everybody gets aired down and ready.

Back