• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corral Canyon May 20

Real helpful but wow long trek for me i would have liked to camp on this distance. Thank you for the map Charles. S

I think you CAN camp at Corral Canyon, and you can rent cabins at nearby Lake Morena/Morena Reservoir. But this is "our" backyard (San Diego, East County), no camping needed. But it may be a bit of a haul for others.

Gunslinger is the easiest trail outside of the "loop road". If you can do Sidewinder you can do Gunslinger no problem. It's not much more than a fire road most of the way.

The new trails that have been built were built off Gunslinger... but I haven't been on those yet.

There's two spots on sidewinder where open diffs will have a hard time. As long as some winches are around, then no prollems!:greensmok

Just take the right lines. I have only been out there once and did Broncos Peak and Sidewinder in the rain.

I'm open/open on 33s.

There were a couple of wranglers that we ran into and just finished up with them and they were both on 30s. Only reason they had issues was either because of traction or taking wrong lines.

Matt

There's two spots on sidewinder where open diffs will have a hard time. As long as some winches are around, then no prollems!:greensmok
i did sidewinder and bronco peak several times on 31's open/open without a tug

there are 2 campsites there - 1 to the left of 4 corners & 1 to the right (the 1 to the right is better because they have a water pump), first come first served

I think if I'm available to go out there, I *might* run Gunslinger, or I might hope to ride biyatch again on Sidewinder. That way I can get out before the granite slope, and the nosedive dropoff, to "take pictures" and keep the upholstery from ending up in my lower intestines. :scared:

Half the problem with day trips for me is emptying at least 1/2 the crap out of my Jeep (stuff which I usually leave in camp). At home, the only option is leaving it in the back patio, and that usually causes unexpected water-from-the-sky-storms to attack my then-unprotected gear.

I would like to make this run.

I finally finished the RE 6" lift, HD steering, D44 rear swap, and 4.56 gears w/locker installs I started before SoCalFest. Now I just need to put some miles on it and shake out any issues. Keeping fingers crossed!

Very cool. See you out there.Thanks again for the Dana30HP

Hey Don. You gonna camp?

Haven't decided yet. I know I am going to head down Saturday. I plan to hit up the Swap meet in Temecula and then head down to SD later in the day to meet up with a friend.

I may end up staying at her place or if she is up to it heading out to the canyon to camp.

I totally forgot about that swap meet! I planned on hitting that too. Ill either see you @ the swap meet or on the trail.

Hopefully your friend will hit the trails. She will want to be driving once shes bitten by the Jeep bug.

Back