• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coordination of trails for Moab

Dump Bump is CLOSED

Jeff,

Just a heads-up --- I have a good friend in Moab who sent me a newspaper article reporting that the B.L.M. has allowed the owners of Lion's Back C.G. to expand the borders of the land they lease from the B.L.M. to include the "Dump Bump" obstacle. He says the entire area up to the entrance of the Sand Flats recreation area is now fenced off from public access. I assume the Lion's Back people are using this to extend the area they can charge an access fee to -- meaning that it's gonna cost ya to run Lion's Back AND Dump Bump.

Just thought you'd be interested and might want to look into this if you plan to organize a group to run that obstacle.

Thanks for the tip. I heard rumblings about this earlier this year, not a huge surprise that it's gone through. The main reason for closing the Dump Bump area is that a large percentile of morons disguised as real 4 Wheelers show up there during Jeep Safari and proceed to party, litter and polute with wanton disregard. They even placed a dumpster up there (Dumpster Bump?) and it got little use, seem that it was much easier to just kick some sand over your trash................another reason is liability of a property owner/leasee if someone gets hurt/maimed/dead so the odds are high that you'll need to sign a waiver to play on DB just like Lions Back.

Dump Bump has always been an option to the Hells Revenge Run anyway, but it looks like things will be a little less convenient. We're loosing access to Moab funspots, one little chunk at a time............Jeep smart everyone. :(

Dump Bump

I was there week before last and it is fenced and has a FOR SALE sign up. When I was also there in June it was fenced then. It looked like that Potato Salad Hill was also fenced. Bastards!

I stayed at the Lion's Back c/g awhile back and had a long chat with the gal who works there. According to her, the BLM made Lions Back Campark fence that area off. They wanted people to go through the Sand Flats entrance to get to it, since technically I guess Dump Bump is in the Sand Flats area... it's just the front part off the road that belongs to Lions Back Campark. The other issue was liability. The Lions Back campark was being pressured by BLM over the accident at Easter Jeep Safari. Don't know how true it all is, but it came straight from the lady who works at Lions Back Campark.

Back