• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Console Styles

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
How ridiculous would it be to mount a center console from a 2000 Cherokee in a 1990? Would I have to relocate the brackets? Would it work? The only thing I can see from stopping me is the shape of the floorboard. Anyone ever made an attempt at this?

Some one did it, and wrote it up. You have to modify the front end of the 2000 console, but the larger problem is that you have to relocate the parking brake lever off center on the tranny tunnel.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort involved. If your XJ already has a full console, stay with it. If you have the mini console, the same full console fits 84 thru 96 so I'd just start checking junkyards for a full console.

I was thinking if it was just brackets that needed to be modded I would do it but relocating the brake handle doesnt sound like fun. Thanks for the info though.

Back