• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Well it's official. I'm no longer a resident of the front range. Aside from gradually moving things over this month, my time on that side of the hill will be limited to visits.
Work offered me same pay to go do way easier work in the mountains, and I found a deal on a house over here, so I bout the place here in Montrose.
Keys to know. Garage is insulated and finished, patio is big enough to cook and drink with a handful of folks. So it's a win win.

Congrats, and I'm jealous! :thumbup:

Congrats. I've always liked Montrose, also. Little warm in the summer, but Olathe sweet corn. :) First stopped in 1981. Me and my best bud, Ernie, a large black male, stopped in a little dive café on main street, something like "Do Drop In", while hitching to Telluride. Got a lot of looks from the townies sitting at the counter. :) Nanc did one of her internships at the hospital there. We've often considered moving there. Easy for Nanc to find work, not so much me.

We ate at Jimmer's BBQ this summer. It's on the way out of town to Grand Junction. It's very good.

Too much info, I know.

Well it's official. I'm no longer a resident of the front range. Aside from gradually moving things over this month, my time on that side of the hill will be limited to visits.
Work offered me same pay to go do way easier work in the mountains, and I found a deal on a house over here, so I bout the place here in Montrose.
Keys to know. Garage is insulated and finished, patio is big enough to cook and drink with a handful of folks. So it's a win win.

If you dont mind me asking, what do you do for a living?

Congrats!

Thanks guys. I'm stoked to be down there. If only my furniture and other stuff was as well.

Can you borrow a WM truck for the move? ;)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I wish. Have a step deck and everything in the yard.
I'm just gonna hook my new trailer up to my dads truck and that should get most of it.

Congrats, Mike!

While at COfest, we went to the Colorado Boy Brewery in Ridgeway, and shared a table with a couple from Montrose who were very happy to live there, tried to convince us we should also.

But we'd already decided on AZ, supposedly closing on a 1.12 acre lot in Clarkdale near the end of the month.

Where's Clarkdale, relative to Phoenix?

About 20 minutes south of Sedona, 90 minutes north of Phoenix.

And 6.5 hours from Moab Brewery :D

Congrats, Mike!

While at COfest, we went to the Colorado Boy Brewery in Ridgeway, and shared a table with a couple from Montrose who were very happy to live there, tried to convince us we should also.

But we'd already decided on AZ, supposedly closing on a 1.12 acre lot in Clarkdale near the end of the month.

AZ is a great spot too. I like northern az. Good wheeling available too. And not too many crazies around ya. Plenty of crazies. Just not up your ass.

AZ is a great spot too. I like northern az. Good wheeling available too. And not too many crazies around ya. Plenty of crazies. Just not up your ass.

Yeah, Clarkdale and Cottonwood are still pretty much small towns. Sedona now reminds me of the worst of Chicagoland suburban sprawl, but thankfully in a much smaller area.

We'll definitely be spending some of the hot parts of the summer in Ouray, so hopefully we can get together for some wheeling.

Heck yeah man. That's awesome. If ya need a garage or a bed vs a camper let me know. I'm just east of the Walmart in montrose so close to ouray if ya want a break.

This is slick, give the SVT Raptor a run for its money.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/limited-editions/ram-1500/rebel-trx/

dodge-ram-rebel-trx-1-cropped-thumb-768x512-66468.jpg

Renix Jeep

i am about one day from being done with Renix. if i cant get an idle friday, i am done with this POS. cant drive it much at 2000 rpm. cant 4 wheel it at all at 2000 rpm in 4 low.
ten+ months of messing with this crap ola.
i ll focus on LS swapping any Renix Jeeps for the rest of my life. i will never advise anyone to put one cent into a renix engine. light it on fire or LS swap it.
Renix is the biggest pile of crap ever. it even ranks below 6v american cars of the 60's. it is JUNK. whoever combined all this together should have his face beat with a hammer.
i have high idle and 1/3rd throttle.
i went from idle and no throttle and 3 and 4th gear only.
all of my electrical works
all of my engine works.
all of my transmission works.
i am approaching one year of messing with this crap. obvious to say, i am done with it. :wow:

Re: Renix Jeep

i am about one day from being done with Renix. if i cant get an idle friday, i am done with this POS. cant drive it much at 2000 rpm. cant 4 wheel it at all at 2000 rpm in 4 low.
ten+ months of messing with this crap ola.
i ll focus on LS swapping any Renix Jeeps for the rest of my life. i will never advise anyone to put one cent into a renix engine. light it on fire or LS swap it.
Renix is the biggest pile of crap ever. it even ranks below 6v american cars of the 60's. it is JUNK. whoever combined all this together should have his face beat with a hammer.
i have high idle and 1/3rd throttle.
i went from idle and no throttle and 3 and 4th gear only.
all of my electrical works
all of my engine works.
all of my transmission works.
i am approaching one year of messing with this crap. obvious to say, i am done with it. :wow:

I would bet $100 its something simple.

Like, throttle cable is too tight. TPS. Cleaning Throttle Body. Leaking intake gasket. Etc.

I'll give you $50 for it...

Back