• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Wish I had a bigger bottle. Always swapping out sucks.
suck

I got the Q for thr handler 210 after doing all my rear fender .020-.022 sheet work with .030 flyx...lol...never again will that be done MIG is so easy on sheet after fussing with flux...The S is on the Ironman and thay welder had not left the garage corner for over a year. I rather use flux on thick stuff if it you can wire wheel it after of not...MIG...mig is not anymore expensive tjan flux for most as a roll of .030 flux is -$80-90 a roll of solid core is $35 ...it just looks like more up front .

I need to get a bottle for my mig. Not being from around here, I have to ask where is a good place to get gas? I'm in Saudi-Aurora if that makes a difference. (i.e. somewhere near downtown Denver is closer for me than Fort Collins.)

Airgas off 42 and....... ****. Right between 270/70

The Airgas just off I-25 and Alameda is a little closer. Especially closer to where I work.

Is there a reason to pick one of them over the other?

Us welding off I 25 and alameda...right nrxt to home depot on the same frontage road...lol...AIR GAS...I thought they somehow figured out how to mix gold with a c25 mix .

We started tearing down our facility on Wednesday. I think I'll take a short vacation when this crap is over.

Anyone have an extra Carfax? Want to run a Vin check on a 'manche for my dad.

Not sure what it would pull, figured it might be worth it just to make sure the title is as clear as you can get on a 28 year old vehicle.

The 99 is back one the road. Finished the engine install today. Let's hope the boss lady learned her lesson and understands what the temp gauge is for, lol.

We loaded my ol' werk truck on a flat-bed today. I am a little surprised at how attached I was to the equipment...

c1ea95d1.jpg

The 99 is back one the road. Finished the engine install today. Let's hope the boss lady learned her lesson and understands what the temp gauge is for, lol.
Maybe she can teach my wife. I have a vehicle on the drive way waiting for a head gasket.

Maybe she can teach my wife. I have a vehicle on the drive way waiting for a head gasket.

Lucky you it's just a heads gasket. She drove it till it stopped running it was so hot. Once it cooled down it ran like crap and knocking like crazy. At 215k it reached the end of its days. Sure hope she understands the reason for the gauges now.

Lol...I've seen many folks in the truck stops with stories for money , but the ones thst get the most are the ones with props , as I have now seen at the wheatridge ta a guy in wheelchair whwel himself around all day asking for change and at the end of the day wheel himself over to the bar stand up and walk into the bar, and then a young lady who was breathing heavy who had lung problems as she carted her oxygen bottle around asking for change to help out...lol...I inquire how does her bottle work since there are no air lines present to supply the mask...is it cordless...???...Now this last 48hrs a team of hustlers of this group of 6 I spotted a man with a cane a boy with a gas can ...lol...the cane today and limp is the opposite leg and the limp only is present when in route to ask for cash...lol...man there are so many con artists today, but I tlhink ones like this last one are bad because he is teaching the child to be a low life.

Being the non PC d bag I am I just had to point out his acting errors for one day to the next in the use of his ...prop...

So.......don't buy headlight housings from Ebay.

I replaced the headlights on our friends beater for her.

i.php

I modified some HIR2's (9012) to fit in the 9006 housing. Left to right, 9006, HIR2, modified HIR2

20160917201513-08decead-xl.jpg

Old housings/bulbs.

20160917201515-54a0b913-xl.jpg

New Ebay housings w/HIR2's. These things throw light everywhere. I am pretty disappointed with the end result. They are just halogen housings, how hard can those be to make? Good news is she is only keeping it for another few months and the curb appeal is much nicer.

20160917201516-95ca28d3-xl.jpg

Last edited:

We loaded my ol' werk truck on a flat-bed today. I am a little surprised at how attached I was to the equipment...

I hear ya. My patrol Expedition that I drove the last 5 years just got miled-out. And....... I found out its replacement WILL NOT have the eco-boost twin turbo..........:bs:

Being the non PC d bag I am I just had to point out his acting errors for one day to the next in the use of his ...prop...

Sitting by myself at a brewery I actually started laughing out loud when read that! They're so bad here too. I see the same beggars on the same corner for months at a time. Drives me nuts. Give them nothing or you give them a reason to stay.

So...... I find a truly AMAZING auto salvage yard in Wymore Nebraska today. Watts Salvage. 40 acres of which 30 acres is pre-'75 cars all the way into the late '20's. Incredible place, with some rare cars. So many of them complete as the day they arrived. I found the rear window stainless trim and dipstick I needed for the '67 Olds and a tail gate and tail lights from an MJ. Paid a reasonable price for the parts and on the way back to the truck......

my cell phone is no longer in the holder on my belt! Sonova!!!

Walked the entire yard again. What isn't knee-high weeds is vehicles. No luck. Of course I had it on silent. Of course there's no service way out there so I can't use "Find My Phone". Get back to the room, I cant figure out how to use the app. Verizon customer service is useless to try to locate my phone ...... 42 min on hold because of issues with the new I-phone 7 tying up their lines, then "We're not allowed to find your phone for privacy and security reasons, you have to do it yourself".

:mad:

Last edited:

This morning we get the "find my phone" working...... accurate within 2,643 meters. The area on the map is bigger than the entire city of Wymore.....and the yard is 6 miles south of town, outside the area the app says my phone should be.

Remotely wiped and locked it. Submitted a claim with Asurian, $149 and I get a new phone to my home monday.

Those parts cost me $370.......lol

Back