• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

High pinion 60 year 78'79 .

The golden ticket!

Makes sense going by your handle... Idk why i thought i read something different.

I should read better.. The RCVs should be stout- petty pricey though arent they? Why wouldn't you keep the yukons as spares?

The golden ticket!

Makes sense going by your handle... Idk why i thought i read something different.

I should read better.. The RCVs should be stout- petty pricey though arent they? Why wouldn't you keep the yukons as spares?

Chances of breaking the 300m RCV is pretty slim so keeping a set of shafts around seems pointless. I Still have the stock driver side inner and both d70 stubs for both sides sitting after I blew up the passenger side inner . Obviously should no one want them I will retain them and they will be taking up space rich along side the stock 14 bolt shafts I have sitting .

I thought so.. Especially having the stockers.

Welp... Find me a 78/9 hp60, and then i'll need the shafts :coolguy:

I thought so.. Especially having the stockers.

Welp... Find me a 78/9 hp60, and then i'll need the shafts :coolguy:

I'd rather have a newer d60 the 78-79 has the crappy nech down shafts . If I was building from scratch I'd go with the big super 60 under the newer Fords...BEEF...

Ill take either! Kingpin was always the saught after model tho right?

Nothing wrong with heavy duty set of ball joints . The 78-79 60 housing was only desirable for mounting traditional coils since the pumpkin offset yields a long enough driver side tube to mount a coil pad easily. If you are mounting coilovers it offers nothing over the newer axles . There are plenty of beefed up knuckles for the BJ version .

Neighbor gave me a generator that does 120/220/360/440 it is a welder generator deal like you see in pickup beds ...lol...weighd between 5-600 lbs . It needs fuel pump work as it runs but needs fuel poured in. I figured since that is the only problem with it the cost to fix that still makes it worth taking, so we used the Kubota to grab it and load it in my Dodge's bed. I figure I'll use it for trail head fixes ...lol... no one is walking off with this, and if they can they can have it .

Yeah...RCV's aren't cheap.

The retail on the 300M's (what I've got as well), is more than some guys pays for their XJ's.

I'd rather have a newer d60 the 78-79 has the crappy nech down shafts . If I was building from scratch I'd go with the big super 60 under the newer Fords...BEEF...

This. The 78/79 D60's were the highly sought after axle.

However, unless you're planning on running coils...no real advantage.

I have a '79 D60, and I would go a different route next time. Not that there's anything wrong with it, just didn't really need to have it and paid more for it than I should have.

No really any more. Kingpin is good, but BJ's are just fine. If you a really only a trail rig, there are BJ eliminator kits.

Doing it all over again, I'd either get a Super 60 (newer, cheap, and makes the older D60's look weak :laugh:)...or more likely...build a 14B front.

A 14 bolt can be had for cheap. Throw on some thick tube, some aftermarket Inner C's, and you have basically what I have left of my original D60...but stronger and easier to work on.

Keep in mind the difference between the super duty 05+ 60’s and the super60 which is a bit different.

I know a guy with a 79 KP60, Detroit and 4.88s... :eyes:

Pm me details!

Inbound.

Pm me details!

Let's see Detroit, 4.88s , complete hub to hub...bet that's a $2500 asking price and that's assuming it's still stock hub to hub outside of the gears and locker . A well built 1 ton xj is not the budget wagon folks think it is...lol... get ready to spend some cash ...;-)

Let's see Detroit, 4.88s , complete hub to hub...bet that's a $2500 asking price and that's assuming it's still stock hub to hub outside of the gears and locker . A well built 1 ton xj is not the budget wagon folks think it is...lol... get ready to spend some cash ...;-)

Uhhh yeah...I've been finding that out haha

Lol
Deals can be had.. I helped a buddy build his zj on 1 tons and he was into both axles, steering, drive shafts, and material to build LAs for about that!

The expensive part is the work you put in- or pay someone to do.

Lol
Deals can be had.. I helped a buddy build his zj on 1 tons and he was into both axles, steering, drive shafts, and material to build LAs for about that!

The expensive part is the work you put in- or pay someone to do.

I had a pile of receipts from k&k surplus for materials...a pile of receipts for stuff like shielding gas , cutting wheels , and other consumables ... I've rebuilt this entire rig in a dirt lot off a generator and minimal fab tools ...lol... $2500 ain't getting you off Jack stands.

Back