• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Pretty sad day yesterday...

18955076_10213166297500413_2171325637192493053_o.jpg

The Little Green Mountain Goat is no more. :bawl: Was driving through Colorado Springs to go see a friend, just minding my own damn business when some ass-clown speed-racer came careening into not only MY JEEP, but the truck in front of me as well. Asshole even had the audacity to try and claim that I was trying to turn onto a side street I had no intention of turning onto. :flamemad: Needless to say, there were plenty of witnesses who said he was driving like an asshole, thus, he was found liable and got a whole slew of tickets. If there's a silver lining to this whole situation, it's that I'm mostly intact and there's one less crappy lawnmower on the roads-

18955002_10213166302100528_3333626296600352826_o.jpg

Ouch. Glad you're ok tho. I'm getting awfully tired of the way these ricers drive around town. They drive SO bad.

Appears to be a pretty hard hit. Looking at the car and the door on the XJ I would be surprised if the unibody is still straight. That's '95 or '96 SE, they will total it and probably not worth the buy back.

Bingo. '96 Sport, unibody is probably trashed, looks the floorboard/firewall got pushed up into the driver's footwell. Coil spring got blown out in the accident, and it either snapped the control arm or the mount for it. Not sure what I wanna do with it, but I highly suspect it's gonna be a total loss. I'm debating parting it out, but don't know where I would keep it...

Appears to be a pretty hard hit. Looking at the car and the door on the XJ I would be surprised if the unibody is still straight. That's '95 or '96 SE, they will total it and probably not worth the buy back.

Sad but true.

I don't know what the insurance laws are in CO, but on something that old I won't have anything but liability on it. Either way, sadly, he's out a vehicle for a bit.

Still, it may be fixable as a trail rig :)

Damn shame about the Ricer ;)
At least it got damaged so bad it couldn't move or it would likely have been a hit and run.

I bought mine back for $100, after a car doing over 25 mph hit the rear tire head on. on the beach. Replaced the rear axle shaft, and rear drum plate and drum and its been on the road for 9 years till it was rear ended on the free way into a roll, and the tail gate was shoved in the back seat. Some crazy MF that drove into the rear of it doing >90 mph claimed it was my sons fault for being on the freeway and state farm agreed.:firedevil

Anyway that same jeep took out a 30 Ft, 12" base lighting standard at 45 mphs and looked like that picture of the front end and I fixed with it about $400 in parts. It got nailed hard three times and we fixed it every time till this last freeway disaster late last year. The third one she bent the LCA like a pretzel and we fixed it too.

Notice the kink in the roof?

I'm glad you are OK!

Notice the kink in the roof?

I'm glad you are OK!

I was not sure if that was kink in the roof, not the best photo. I was just looking at the front earlier. I missed the lower side view as it was cut off on my screen.

My son was driving, 5:30 am Sunday, after work. Empty 6 lane freeway. He broke is neck in a couch battle in High school with a 300 lb gorrila, 10 years ago, was paralyzed from the neck down, Surgery saved his life, 12 weeks later he ran a 6 minute mile in Track and field. News paper front page called him the comeback kid. Walked away from 3 totaled vehicles since then with out a scratch. They call him the HIGHLANDER :D at the University now LOL.

Yep, driver's door got smashed shut. Thank god I had the window rolled down, because bystanders were freaking out about smoke in the cab (pretty sure it was just from the airbag) and I had to crawl out through it. I only had liability on it, but witnesses corroborated my story, and I believe the cops found the guy at fault, so his insurance gets to pay my tow bill, storage fees, and God-willing, pay for anodther XJ. I'm debating parting it out right now, but my neighborhood's kinda picky about non-running vehicles, so I would have to find some place else to keep it.

Sell the neighbor, keep the jeep LOL

Yep, driver's door got smashed shut. Thank god I had the window rolled down, because bystanders were freaking out about smoke in the cab (pretty sure it was just from the airbag) and I had to crawl out through it. I only had liability on it, but witnesses corroborated my story, and I believe the cops found the guy at fault, so his insurance gets to pay my tow bill, storage fees, and God-willing, pay for anodther XJ. I'm debating parting it out right now, but my neighborhood's kinda picky about non-running vehicles, so I would have to find some place else to keep it.

FRANK.D.AZAR. let the strong arm makes it rain son .

I think you'd be surprised now. At least in my case, we got almost double what we paid for the xj when it got totaled. Unless you're seriously injured, seems like they try to give you a decent sum to avoid a lawsuit. Ours gaveboth us an ER visit and they paid that plus more.

FRANK.D.AZAR. let the strong arm makes it rain son .

:roflmao:

I'm debating giving them a call to see what they say. Driver in front of me definitely should. Insurance company wanted pics of his ride for their report, but they took him to the hospital as a pre-caution. Gave him a call today to see if some of the other passengers in the vehicle got pictures of the damage and he said his neck and back were still sore...

That sucks. But it does make me wonder, why it does take some people so long to paint their houses here? There was one on Boulder that they were painting for a year or two or three.

That sucks. But it does make me wonder, why it does take some people so long to paint their houses here? There was one on Boulder that they were painting for a year or two or three.

Ha! It was a bit of an older neighborhood, but in the home owner's defense, me and my buddy stopped by to get some better pictures of the trashed rice-grinder. (Guy just pushed his junk down a side street by the house. I had to get mine towed...) There was a guy outside wearing a carpenter's belt, looked like he was working on the place. He asked us how long the car was gonna stay there, we told him we had no idea, but had the driver's info if he wanted it gone. :firedevil

My rig got rear ended. It took out the hatch and two tail lights. I got a $2545 settlement and a rental car. I snagged a replacement hatch for $140 complete and two new taillights for $50. I still have the matching paint, so a day of work and I.......... cross that out, the wife ends up with over $2000:rattle:

Back