• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

You people need some Toyota in your life.
33wp2yd.jpg

You should see the white Tacoma in my neighborhood, it's really nice.

Bum stop location question ... I was going to mount a bump off the frame just behind the shock on the form of a tube mounted 3 inches out from rail this put the tube in line with the lowe control arm just a few inches from the axle , but while flexed up I noticed the arm was only about 2 inches away from the bottom of the frame rail where the stock lower arms would mount , so I made a mount that I welded to the top of the control arm and intend to mount a poly bump to...The only negative I can see here is bendung the arm , but I think it should be good the bottom of the unurail there is plated in .500 - so no worries ...Any reason I should rethink this idea ?

Well signed my life over today.
Back to the patch it is. Gotta train a guy to take my spot up here in crested butte, then I'll be transferring back to the fun. Was just burnt out up here already and the hours aren't what I wanted. But I was offered a senior spot so better pay and heavy hours. Goal is to live broke and pay off a bunch of stuff. See how it goes.

Bum stop location question ... I was going to mount a bump off the frame just behind the shock on the form of a tube mounted 3 inches out from rail this put the tube in line with the lowe control arm just a few inches from the axle , but while flexed up I noticed the arm was only about 2 inches away from the bottom of the frame rail where the stock lower arms would mount , so I made a mount that I welded to the top of the control arm and intend to mount a poly bump to...The only negative I can see here is bendung the arm , but I think it should be good the bottom of the unurail there is plated in .500 - so no worries ...Any reason I should rethink this idea ?

A little give in a poly bump that far back and in is a lot of movement at the axle. Granted I don't have much experience setting up straps, but seems hard to fine tune that far back. :dunno:

A little give in a poly bump that far back and in is a lot of movement at the axle. Granted I don't have much experience setting up straps, but seems hard to fine tune that far back. :dunno:

It is the absoulute limit point it needs only stop up travel the poly will be there just to make it soft ...This is only a temp set up after I wheel it this summer I will be going with Struts.

Well signed my life over today.
Back to the patch it is. Gotta train a guy to take my spot up here in crested butte, then I'll be transferring back to the fun. Was just burnt out up here already and the hours aren't what I wanted. But I was offered a senior spot so better pay and heavy hours. Goal is to live broke and pay off a bunch of stuff. See how it goes.
Will you still be based in Mont-Rose?

You need some paint in your life lol those rockers and rear bumper look a little rusty!

Besides being cold as heck up until this week, I have been working on stuffing the 37s more than re painting the sliders and rear bumper.
Today I have nothing pressing on the agenda and it's supposed to get above 50* so I might just get them re done...

Dealer called today and said both codes thrown were misfire related and that I have three coils fried and needing replacement. Does it seem odd that three coils would go at once??

Ok. I can admit that I'm just very skeptical right now because of the issues I've had with this thing as well as my experience with the dealer. I have a warranty to 100,000 miles but even with the warranty I've put $1200 in the thing this last month. Trying to figure out if I should get rid of it.

3 coils at once? Don't think so. Sounds more like either a wiring problem or cam timing related.

Just had to have the dealer replace the cam position sensor a couple weeks ago on my JK. On their dime thankfully. Didn't ever throw any codes, just started taking an extra couple seconds to start here and there.

Reinstalled rear shocks finally and decided to try out my first limit strap , so.decided to make a rear center out of what I had so I stole a safety chain off my trailer and made mounts burnt them home and tested it out in 1 inch increments since adjustable , well I will be keeping this center limit since adjusted properly it tunes the rear to work well with the front when climbing up something as opposed to the rear going full retard droop and rolling the body over ...The stability is night and day even when you lift a tire it feels more stable and tight than all four grounded with squishy feel and body roll .

Back