• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Tonplay devils advocate. If in bad weather/road conditions I've been known to intentionally swing the vehicle around and slide a bit to look extremely sketch so people who would normally crowd around me and drive like shit would back off and give me room. Just a way to create a 'safe space' :D around myself from them.

What I find is bad roads really hi-lite the folks who do not drive well on dry roads ...example...the right
lane is for driving and to the left is for passing and when the road has some snow on it you still need to keep to this general area the interstate does not become one giant free for all single lane for you to drive the middle with 4 ways on thinking that makes it correct .

Lol...lane changes , well if you are poking along at 20 you need to judge the traffic in the lane you wish to merge into and this means if you are doing 20 you can not change lanes in front of a car doing 50 with 100ft of cushion distance you need to wait...fun fact..."merging" ttaffic forfeits all right of way and a lane change constitutes a merge , so changing lanes into faster traffic to " slow them down" is the hazard not the faster driver, and judging the lane you wish to merge into means reading the speed of the traffic in.that lane vs yours and merging when you have room ...lol...if you are doing 20 and traffic is at 50 and you merge and get rear ended or the 50mph car had to dlam the brakes on ...lol...you merged unsafely not yielding right of way and were the cause of the accident .

Stopping distance...lol...assuming a motorist is scanning adequately ahead in his lane of travel and maintaining an adequate distance to stop for the traffic ...in his lane...ahead it is not a speed factor when jimmy bob ...merges...into the faster traffic lane at a crawl speed with imoroper cushion distance ...lol...this causes the same accidents on bad weather as good you just get more of them since the folks who drive poorly are dri ing slower so their speed is slower thus when they merge improperly it is less forgiving

Lol...back to lane use and self appointed pace cars ...lol...if you are going slow you still need to keep right the snowy road does not mean you can now dri e any lane you wish , and you severely piss off folks you are blocking while passing nothing but time in left lane .

When slow driving folks see crazy people from the
view of a 3,500 lb car or suv with street tires on...lol...we see poorly equipped cars not obeying the same traffic rules they disregard on dry road causing issues .

Last edited:

It does get pretty aggravating and every year it gets worse. I don't understand why people feel the need to brave the snow in a car not at all equipped to be in the snow. Yesterday, I was trying to make a right turn, but some guy in his 2wd street truck couldn't make it up the hill and was just sliding around in the turn lane and the next lane. Well I decided not to wait see if the truck would ever make it up and went around him and made my turn apparently pissing off some other guy waiting behind him, as he proceeded to tailgate me and start flashing his lights, then slide sideways into the center lane almost taking out an oncoming car. Poeple....

Funny story though.
Driving my beater commuter, civic snow tires, through the mountain last week, I was run up on by a 3500 cummins.
I had to stop in the canyon for a semi that wasn't chained and was sliding to a stop in front of me. And of course got assholed by the dodge. Big truck, big weight, big speed equals no stopping.
So the least favorable vehicle in heavy snow and ice, is the one best prepared, and gets smashed.
Perception is reality for a lot of people. Thinking you can and knowing you can are two different things.

when the road has some snow on it...the interstate does not become one giant free for all single lane for you to drive the middle with 4 ways on thinking that makes it correct .

Lol...back to lane use and self appointed pace cars ...lol...if you are going slow you still need to keep right the snowy road does not mean you can now dri e any lane you wish , and you severely piss off folks you are blocking while passing nothing but time in left lane .
I'm not saying that I drove on the shoulder (because all the lines were covered with snow), but, I have been known to pass people on the right, where I know there are two or more lanes going the same direction. After all, the rule is to drive as far to the right as (safely) possible. :)

Funny story though.
Driving my beater commuter, civic snow tires, through the mountain last week, I was run up on by a 3500 cummins.
I had to stop in the canyon for a semi that wasn't chained and was sliding to a stop in front of me. And of course got assholed by the dodge. Big truck, big weight, big speed equals no stopping.
So the least favorable vehicle in heavy snow and ice, is the one best prepared, and gets smashed.
Perception is reality for a lot of people. Thinking you can and knowing you can are two different things.

That could happen on dry roads as that is a case of not scanning far enough ahead...and the root cause of that was the vehicle not properly set up to be on the roads...the SEMI without required chains...you also do not stop in the road as you will get ass ended by a driver not looking ahead...lol...all 3 of you made mistakes .

I'm not saying that I drove on the shoulder (because all the lines were covered with snow), but, I have been known to pass people on the right, where I know there are two or more lanes going the same direction. After all, the rule is to drive as far to the right as (safely) possible. :)

Oh I will pass on the right as well if traffic is putzing around in the Left ...what I was trying to illustrate was the tards who are struggling to keep moving forward and end up drifting around to find traction and think the 4 ways make it all good ...I grew up in the Foothills of the Adirondacks my first driving lesson was on snow packed roads in a snow storm...lol...10 minutes in my Dad said were going to learn parallel parking then he had me learn how to steer a turn downhill on ice ...first try I used the brakes and snow banked it second try I got it East coast snow is harder to drive than this stuff here ...but speed is not the root cause of most snow accidents it is the lack of following distance..proper lane changes...and not looking far enough ahead and adjusting early enough ,and these are the same things that cause accidents on dry road ...lol...bad roads just make it worse .

This Fridays storm with the cold days previous and very cold temps during the snow fall made for super grippy crunchy powder very easy to drive on with good rubber...today the roads have glazed over with days sun and require slower speeds ...lol...some folks have no ability to see the difference .

Oh I will pass on the right as well if traffic is putzing around in the Left ...what I was trying to illustrate was the tards who are struggling to keep moving forward and end up drifting around to find traction and think the 4 ways make it all good ...I grew up in the Foothills of the Adirondacks my first driving lesson was on snow packed roads in a snow storm...lol...10 minutes in my Dad said were going to learn parallel parking then he had me learn how to steer a turn downhill on ice ...first try I used the brakes and snow banked it second try I got it East coast snow is harder to drive than this stuff here ...but speed is not the root cause of most snow accidents it is the lack of following distance..proper lane changes...and not looking far enough ahead and adjusting early enough ,and these are the same things that cause accidents on dry road ...lol...bad roads just make it worse .

This Fridays storm with the cold days previous and very cold temps during the snow fall made for super grippy crunchy powder very easy to drive on with good rubber...today the roads have glazed over with days sun and require slower speeds ...lol...some folks have no ability to see the difference .
I see the "angry" smiley, and I agree! That is when I have to detach, and drive the vehicle I am sitting in. I have no clue why people call me the whole of an arse. :D

Funny story though.

Before I hit the rack, I am glad you are here to tell the story!

Back in the '90s (before I had interweb), I read a newspaper story about accidents on I-70, somewhere around Evergreen. The CSP coined a new phrase: "Stupidity to the 4th power." The moral of the story was: Driving, and stopping, are two different animals.

If you need another commuter car, a local board has a mid-'90s Toyota for under $2K.

That could happen on dry roads as that is a case of not scanning far enough ahead...and the root cause of that was the vehicle not properly set up to be on the roads...the SEMI without required chains...you also do not stop in the road as you will get ass ended by a driver not looking ahead...lol...all 3 of you made mistakes .

Hwy 50 mm 124. Ain't no where else to go aside from off the edge or into oncoming traffic - which was also blocked by the tractor. Quite literally a sitting duck.

At this point I'm beyond done dealing with fiberglass insulation.

873C53B1-C2A8-40D7-A995-C27B324C1198_zpsvji4h87r.jpg

Yall need to quit talking common sense! Todays driver owns the road and all markings are discretionary.... The drivers handbook might as well be a cheap dime novel and you don't matter! Get it straight ...OK :twak:

Hard to say, I really don't run the heater unless I'm going to be in the garage.

I used the 1.5" foil backed foam on my garage door. It makes a ton of difference when you put a heater in there.

I have an R-9 garage door, and it makes a HUGE difference... 40* in the garage last weekend when it was 10 below outside, no heat running. Of course not opening the door helps. :eyes:

I'm really hoping all this insulation will really pay off in the summer and keep it from getting as hot in the garage. I also know the biggest difference will be made by the ceiling/roof getting insulated.

Last edited:

I used the 1.5" foil backed foam on my garage door. It makes a ton of difference when you put a heater in there.

I have an R-9 garage door, and it makes a HUGE difference... 40* in the garage last weekend when it was 10 below outside, no heat running. Of course not opening the door helps. :eyes:

I am in a rented space, changing the garage door is not an option. I will check into the 1.5" foil backed foam. Dutch, what did you use?

I'm really hoping all this insulation will really pay off in the summer and keep it from getting as hot in the garage. I also know the biggest difference will be made by the ceiling/roof getting insulated.

That's another good point about summer heat. If you didn't try to heat the trusses and just put up some plastic to restrict the airflow it would be even better. But if you need to use that area for year around storage...

I have used the R-10 pink closed cell rigid foam on garage doors as well, worked fine, though I filled the gaps with Great Stuff... maybe not an option in a rental.

The rigid foam in my garage doors definitely made the garage a ton cooler in the summer since they are on the south side and get direct sunlight.

I used a dab of adhesive in the middle of each panel, then sealed around the edge with the shiny aluminum faced tape. It looks nice, not cheap.

Back