• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Hey Matt.....The ban hammer....

119850_01_Lg.jpg

Good lord. D44/9". Front appeared to be 2 link "ladder bar" style, 4-link rear and it actually has the front drive shaft in place........ and one helluva skinny & LOOOOOONNNNGGGG front track bar......... What are those? 54" tires???

Yikes.

IMG_20130513_052727_692_zps3cfea203.jpg

Last edited:

Big thanks to Mr. Flores for helping me rescue Zac. Most of you are familiar with old stage road. Right at the beginning you go around a bunch of tight curves and climb, and then it levels out. Zac slid off right after it leveled out. Steep loose dirt. He was very lucky. It was about as off camber as I"ve seen an XJ. Fortunately, it didn't go over, people would have been hurt and the jeep totalled. We used Flores's winch to pull the front end up, and I yanked him from the back. Flores might have some pictures, I don't. I wasn't so sure I wanted a record of it. :) It was very, very sketchy.

Very cool :cheers:

I might have to go back up there tomorrow, and take pictures of the dirt. I dug some good size ruts pulling him up. And came about 6" from over the edge myself. :) Yes, I am having a beer.

It was slid quite a bit farther down when we started

Big thanks to Mr. Flores for helping me rescue Zac. Most of you are familiar with old stage road. Right at the beginning you go around a bunch of tight curves and climb, and then it levels out. Zac slid off right after it leveled out. Steep loose dirt. He was very lucky. It was about as off camber as I"ve seen an XJ. Fortunately, it didn't go over, people would have been hurt and the jeep totalled. We used Flores's winch to pull the front end up, and I yanked him from the back. Flores might have some pictures, I don't. I wasn't so sure I wanted a record of it. :) It was very, very sketchy.

Last edited:

Ooooh. Nice work guys.

cripes -- scary stuff. x2 on the "nice work".

I went back there this morning to take pictures of the tore up dirt. They had already graded it and slightly widened the road. Just a little disturbance on the hillside where the passenger front tire dug in.

Heading to Moab tomorrow. :party:

DID you know????.......

One of the cool things about the forum set up is you can look at the chapter, see how many, and who is in what forums.(trip reports, classifieds, BOD) and you can even look at someone's profile and it will tell you last activity time, and what their current activity is. It will tell you if they are posting in a thread - and the name of that thread. If they are writing a PM, or viewing a thread. Only time it doesn't tell you what thread they are looking at is if you don't have access to that thread. As in, they are in the BOD forum, looking at a thread, and you don't have access to it. It just says "viewing thread" then you look at the chapter forum and see there is on person in the BOD forum. So you look and see who else is online. Oh look, a BOD member. But you look at their profile and see that they are busy in the classifieds section in threads there.
So then you wonder WTF a non BOD member was doing in the BOD forum and WTF is going on that that person was given the new access code when they resigned from the BOD?

Pretty cool set up huh?
:rolleyes:

Me of all people? No. Im the one that had the password changed the first time to eliminate that shit.

So please. Come up with a better excuse.
You gonna give me access again? Didn't think so. (No, this is not me being pissy for not having access, this is me being pissy that people want to resign cuz they cant handle the shit, then want access again to see whats going on) That is pretty BS. Especially since password was changed post resignation. Which means someone in CURRENT BOD offered it or he asked for it.

So again, please come with a better story line than that.

Back