• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Welded or limited slips rear and removing the rear sway is the cheap way to autocross.

Damn time flies. In hs I helped this kid from Texas get into the groove of things after moving here. Most driven person I ever met. Thought I had convinced him to go a.f. and not army like he wanted so bad. Undoubtedly proudly, 5 years ago at 19, he gave his life in Iraq. can't believe its been that long. he would still be a kid....

Unfortunately Mike's story is shared by far too many others in our Country.

Remember them fondly, remember them often. :thumbup:

Gotta love douche bags in mustangs... So I go to make a lane change on bowls because I had to turn pretty soon. He speeds up as to make it so I couldn't get over so I slowly inch over. And could Cleary tell I have enough room. I see him slam on his brakes and mashes the horn. Thought nothing of it. So he proceeded to ride my ass, so I slowed down under the speed limit. First chance he got he passed me AMD downshifted going even slower then I was. So I get in my turn lane and he flips me the bird. I said wow... And went on my marry way.

Yup! You are still number one. .l..:D

w9u33p.jpg

Someone got stiffys

Awww =( I wanted to finish what I started! Sitffys are a pain in the butt but fun at the same time!

I remember back in the day when I had stiffys... :cry:

there are ways to get stiffys avaliable for you older men too...:roll:

If it folds like a taco within 4 hours, consult your physician...

Was gong to write another comment.
Pretty sure the censorship nazis would have banned me. Lol
I'll keep to myself. Wouldn't want to hurt any young minds...

Last edited:

Yeah sorry about that Dave. I honestly don't even know how I want the bumper done yet so... Plan is stiffeners and new rock sliders

Went with my pops to go help spend some of his money on some "flipper" cars. He made out REAL good on bringing 3 collector edition Cadillacs here from Florida to sell, so he found this auction today that had a bunch of U.S. Marshall's Office seized property.

I bought a Romanian SAR-1 AK-47

He bought a never-fired Browning A-Bolt in .223 caliber that had a super nice dark wood custom stock with "thumb hole" and a 20x44 scope. He also snagged a super nice chrome Ruger Vaquero with .45 ACP and .45 long cylinders.

He was looking to snatch up a couple of Escalades or Silverado/Sierra trucks to flip but they were holding their value....... but he got a steal on these:

'07 Dakota Quad Cab, 54K miles. Super nice. $6K

2012-09-08_17-08-13_713.jpg

This pair of Sea-Doo Bombardier wave runners (one is a 2 seater, the other a 3 seater). May have been cheap because both are locked to the trailer and the trailer box and hitch have pad locks on them..... no keys....... we're gonna be busy with the cutting tools.......... Tags on the trailer expired in '97 so we're assuming these may have been abandoned at a storage facility. So fresh fuel and batteries will be needed as well I'm guessing. Dunno much about these so he'll be hauling them up to his boat mechanic to look 'em over. $1,900

2012-09-08_17-09-45_377.jpg

And what I think is one helluva crazy deal......... an '01 Harley Soft Tail, 88 cid, with a ton of chrome add-on pieces, lowering kit, LED turn signals, Hooker pipes (sounds SO good and not obnoxious), custom painted tins, thick spoke wheels and new tires....LOTS of little details. Only 7400 miles on it. Folks went nuts when they heard the auctioneer sell it at a few hundred under $7K...... I'm hoping to talk him into letting me make payments...... :D

2012-09-08_17-09-24_18.jpg

Pops posing.....

2012-09-08_16-23-02_603.jpg

Last edited:

That's is one beautiful bike for 7k. Damn.
Assuming its the Evolution 88 motor? If so, they are really nice motors!

Congrats to you and your pops for the bad ass deals!

uhhmmm aint that a dyna not a soft tail???

uhhmmm aint that a dyna not a soft tail???

I stand corrected. It is indeed a dyna glide. Soft tails have a triangulated rear swing arm and often, a single rear coil over..... Dad's has two outboard coil overs and the Dyna swing arm.

I do recall one of the other Harley guys bidding on it saying it was the 88cid evo motor......

Still gotta see if it's got the 5 or 6 speed trans...... Same guy seemed to think it had a 6 speed.

Neither of us claim to be big Harley gurus...... :looney:

Last edited:

Mtr/Ks passed the test. Quick trip to the slab at spring creek with the profesional camera proved them to grip ok at 35 psi with armorall on the tires!

Back