• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clrusty's new ride - WrenchFest Oct 8th

We did roll it out into.daylight and the work on shackle brackets started when i left...... must say its a great looking jeep thanks to gracious wrench time and parts from the naxja crew!

2.5 tanks to get there.. 3/4 tank to get home.. Its all uphill to get there. Sucked gas like crazy.. I was shocked getting back in decent time ..
Great seeing everyone again! And we can't be at Ed's house with out seeing Ed cry at least once!:woohoo:

Awsome! Now lets see some pictures!

And we can't be at Ed's house with out seeing Ed cry at least once!:woohoo:

I choked but didn't shed any tears. I tried hard today. I guess if you guys don't want to see me get emotional, I need to resign as Prez.

We accomplished somthing amazing today. A great turnout, members from 4 states, two different NAXJA chapters and a 2wd XJ converted to 4wd in one day. Everyone had one goal in mind and kept at it to get the job done.

It was good meeting Rusty and crew. I hope you are happy with the end product and enjoy your new membership since you are now red.

So how did the day end? It starts, drives and shifts great. The only thing it still needs in an alignment and to bleed the brakes again to improve the pedal pressure.

I have so much more to add but it is almost 1am and I've been up since 4:30 am Saturday morning. I will share more thoughts tomorrow.

Last edited:
Wow, I haven't been on in a while... but these things never cease to amaze me. I just got done skimming through the other thread about the accident, and I am so sorry to hear that. But I am also very happy to hear you guys are doing well. I knew that a couple of people (Dan and others) were coming up to help with a Jeep but I had no idea about the circumstances. Since I was unable to do my part yesterday (had another job I had to work on), I would like to offer a $200 gift certificate for Rusty on behalf of Rock Solid Of Road Fabrication. It can be used on whatever you want from me. Since, I am very busy these days, please just give me a shout at 423-619-4085 and we will work out the details on it. Again, I apologize for my absence at the wrench-fest. I wish you the best.

Tyler, empire donated HDOR frame stiffeners so I think you were brought up to install them since our plate was full doing other things at the wrenchfest. Thank you for being a awesome vendor and naxja sponsor!

For some nonbody work guys.. everyone kicked butt.
A 2wd jeep.. new headliner, new fenders, new header, new lift, new tires, new transmission, new xfercase.. (new to the jeep)...

Who can call Maaco and see if they can donate a paint job?
What color do you want? Red white and blue .. you already got Black Grey White ..lol

It was great hanging out with everyone. We have to do this again. This time we need to make it into a weekend deal.

I left around 1630 and they had the F/R axles, trans and transfercase in. It wasn't lowered down on its own weight yet but there were no major hang ups at that point.

It was good to see all the people (even Flexy).

See......I'm not THAT much of an asshole, and I'm pretty decent with a rattle can! :D

Wow, I haven't been on in a while... but these things never cease to amaze me. I just got done skimming through the other thread about the accident, and I am so sorry to hear that. But I am also very happy to hear you guys are doing well. I knew that a couple of people (Dan and others) were coming up to help with a Jeep but I had no idea about the circumstances. Since I was unable to do my part yesterday (had another job I had to work on), I would like to offer a $200 gift certificate for Rusty on behalf of Rock Solid Of Road Fabrication. It can be used on whatever you want from me. Since, I am very busy these days, please just give me a shout at 423-619-4085 and we will work out the details on it. Again, I apologize for my absence at the wrench-fest. I wish you the best.

I owe you a sixer at the next Crawl, you're a badass Tyler for your gracious gift! :cheers:

Haha, eh I don't expect anything in return. The SEC of NAXJA is my home, I love most of you more than some of my own real family. My business got to where it is because of you guys, and its the least I can do to return the favor.

But... if you must know, I prefer Absolute Mandarin and OJ! Lol.

Also, as far as welding on the stiffeners... get me the jeep and the parts and consider it taken care of!

hey tyler he really needs a back bumper think he could use his gift certificate to get one of those from ya he only has the stock rear bumper right now:geek:

I never thought you were an asshole! Wasn't expecting you to show up missing a tooth though.

You thought they were joking, didn't you? :D

Hey, I had to pee really bad and someone was taking their time in the Men's room. No shame - plus it has a urinal on the wall!

Back