• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clrusty's new ride - WrenchFest Oct 8th

Mark is setting up the pop-up camper and the porta-potties are in place.

Getting ready to wrench.

I really wish I could swing the trip-- it'd be nice to meet y'all and do some good at the same time for someone in need! If there's anything that comes up during the build that I can help with, don't hesitate to ask!

P.S. kick Flex/Aaron in the buttocks for me, will ya?:cheers:

I think I changed my mind. I'm still coming. I just decided I'd rather sit back and watch Flex and Alpha in the same garage than turn any wrenches! :cheers:

P.S. Repeatedly kick Flex/Aaron in the buttocks for me, will ya?:cheers:

Ficksed :D

I think I changed my mind. I'm still coming. I just decided I'd rather sit back and watch Flex and Alpha in the same garage than turn any wrenches! :cheers:

And you are in charge of pictures/video of this lol

I am supposed to hear about the spare tire and wheel early next week, and I will get it to Rusty as soon as possible.

Where the Hell are you guys? I'm sitting at Ed's waiting! :D Alpha you just wait, I'm gonna fire up the banjo music just for you buddy! :D

I'm hitting the road about 6ish. Should be to Ed's around 7 - 7:15.

Brother I just woke up and thought about hitting the snooze. But now that I know you are there terrorizing eds family I guess I should roll out of bed and start driving. Only take me 2.5 hours.

well the whole chatanooga thing didnt happen due to a shoulder surgery,

i was all set up to come down and surprise everyone, on my way back to the shop from tullahoma yesterday, driving the jeep, turn on 3rd off of jefferson, push the clutch in, POP!

clutch stays down, luckily i'm only 3 blocks from the shop.

not sure what the problem is, i'm thinking busted fork or something, its not leaking fluid anywhere,

so my weekend is going to consist of pulling the trans and possibly replacing presure plate and such,

major bummer :( are you guys going to be wrenching tomorrow? or just today

Ed told me only one day.. he has plans for sunday. Bummer for the clutch.

Well, I see several vehicles in my driveway and yard. For those people who aren't here yet...ya better get here. Reports are that everything is going nicely. At this rate he should have a really nice rig by the end of today. Such a great group of fellas we have on here. WAY TO GO GUYS! I just hate that I can't be out there bossing everyone around. LOL

~SUNSHINE~
AKA The 1st Lady

Well, I see several vehicles in my driveway and yard. For those people who aren't here yet...ya better get here. Reports are that everything is going nicely. At this rate he should have a really nice rig by the end of today. Such a great group of fellas we have on here. WAY TO GO GUYS! I just hate that I can't be out there bossing everyone around. LOL

~SUNSHINE~
AKA The 1st Lady

Hope you are feeling better Sunshine! Have not heard from Andy on the arms yet. I'll let you guys know something when I do.

New to naxja and i just saw this...I have a 231 tcase that you can have if the other has anything wrong,

I may also have a rusty's d.o.m tie rod, in my dads garage, Ill check on that and get back to you, do you have anything for steering linkages yet?

I left around 1630 and they had the F/R axles, trans and transfercase in. It wasn't lowered down on its own weight yet but there were no major hang ups at that point.

It was good to see all the people (even Flexy).

I think plans are to start a picture thread in the next day or two. Lots of cameras going off today.

I hit the road about 5:45 am and got to Ed's about 7:15. The Ohio and Indiana regiments, along with Ed and Mark were getting started. We stripped down the stock axles and suspension, and were getting started on the tranny when the lot started pulling in.

I left before Alpha, but yeah, no major hang ups at all. The MWC guys were impressed to see such a clean Jeep underneath. We backed out suspension bolts by hand! No rust to deal with, all the bolts came out clean as a whistle. We did make a few trips over to Ed's Used Parts Emporium (read: a whole mess of donor Jeeps in the weeds out back) for some 4wd linkage parts. Otherwise, everything we needed was there.

And working at Ed's only reinforced my desire to buy place with a shop and a lift!

I'm hoping someone posts up a picture of the final product!!

Back