• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clrusty's new ride - WrenchFest Oct 8th

Ed, we (four Empire crew guys) are leaving around 7pm to head your way. Its a 8 hour drive so we will be there very early or real late depending on how you look at it. We will be quite and nap in your front yard until its wrenching time. Just a heads up.

Other than the parts and food that will be brought, is there anything else that we'll need? Tools or anything?

im gonna bring my ball joint press. in case the ones on the new axle are bad. dano is bringing his impact so we can work with common tools to us.

anything else ed?

Does anyone have a portable air compressor that can handle almost 100% duty cycle at 75psi?

I am about to roll out in about an hour! Gonna take my time getting there, maybe stop at a couple places along the way. Loaded Jeep, full cooler of drinks, Yonder Mountain string band's "Southbound" on the iPod........Here I come TN! :D

Does anyone have a portable air compressor that can handle almost 100% duty cycle at 75psi?

Assuming Ed doesn't have one in the shop, I have 2 that I could bring. The easy one to pack is a 3 gallon Craftsman with 125 psi output and 1.5 HP. It will do 2.4 scfm @ 90 and 3.7 scfm @ 40. Not sure that this will do what you need it to do. It will certainly spend a lot of time cycling on and off. I don't really use it for much more than filling up tires.

I also have a 21 gallon Central Pneumatic that will do 4.9 scfm @ 90 and 7 scfm @ 40. This is the one I use for my air tools. It is pretty good, but sometimes a little weak if I have to break really stuck hardware. I used it for ball joints a couple weeks back, and it does a nice job with an air hammer.

I can bring either of them, if we need them...with the caveat...the 21 gallon tank is 41 inches high. If I can get it into the floorboards in the back seat to travel upright, I can bring it. I'm not going to bring it if it has to lay on it's side.

Let me know what y'all think.

Oh, also, I am going to throw in my pressure washer, just for good measure. Maybe we can all take turns putting our Jeeps on the lift and giving the undercarriages a good soaking! :yelclap: I know mine is in dire need of a hosing.

Assuming Ed doesn't have one in the shop, I have 2 that I could bring. The easy one to pack is a 3 gallon Craftsman with 125 psi output and 1.5 HP. It will do 2.4 scfm @ 90 and 3.7 scfm @ 40. Not sure that this will do what you need it to do. It will certainly spend a lot of time cycling on and off. I don't really use it for much more than filling up tires.

I also have a 21 gallon Central Pneumatic that will do 4.9 scfm @ 90 and 7 scfm @ 40. This is the one I use for my air tools. It is pretty good, but sometimes a little weak if I have to break really stuck hardware. I used it for ball joints a couple weeks back, and it does a nice job with an air hammer.

I can bring either of them, if we need them...with the caveat...the 21 gallon tank is 41 inches high. If I can get it into the floorboards in the back seat to travel upright, I can bring it. I'm not going to bring it if it has to lay on it's side.

Let me know what y'all think.

Oh, also, I am going to throw in my pressure washer, just for good measure. Maybe we can all take turns putting our Jeeps on the lift and giving the undercarriages a good soaking! :yelclap: I know mine is in dire need of a hosing.

I'm sure mine has mud under it from the last crawl! Here I go taking a vehicle that gets 18 avg because the stereo kicks ass rather than a honda that gets 35! :D

Yonder Mountain string band's "Southbound" on the iPod........Here I come TN! :D

Oh, you're one of *those* kind of people. :roll:

Holy mother of goodness yes.

I am about to roll out in about an hour! Gonna take my time getting there, maybe stop at a couple places along the way. Loaded Jeep, full cooler of drinks, Yonder Mountain string band's "Southbound" on the iPod........Here I come TN! :D

What time are you due to arrive?

Since you are stopping to see BrianHO, pick me up some shackle relocarion brackets while you are there.

I have a 30 gallon, cast iron compressor 220V compressor but don't know the rating right off hand. It's a pretty good one. I don't have a water trap though.

Somebody needs to bring those reverse torx head sockets that fit the top two bellhousing bolts. I don't have those.

Are we converting a disco housing or leaving it as it for right now?

I have a 30 gallon, cast iron compressor 220V compressor but don't know the rating right off hand. It's a pretty good one. I don't have a water trap though.

I'll go ahead and leave mine behind then, unless there is dire need for 2 of them on hand.

I was just suggesting it because to do the headliner, I'll have the compressor tied up for about an hour straight. I also have the inverted torx I'll bring w/ built in swivel.

Haha yes, that sounds much needed for many jeeps, as well as mine. But about once every month or at least every other month i hose it down at a local car wash place.:party:

I know there are going to be some parts trading going on for other rigs during the build, so, asking selfishly for myself, if anyone has a power driver mirror for a 97+ that they want to clear out for the low, low price of GOOD KARMA, I'd be a willing recipient.

I will put the power washer and compressor in the Jeep tonight along with about 50 feet of hose.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Back