• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clrusty's new ride - WrenchFest Oct 8th

Two sneaky rascals (rredalty and High2by) decided it was time to fix my dented tank/tweaked sending unit while I was burning.....I mean grilling hamburgers.

104.jpg

Now they say I don't have an excuse not to go wheeling.

if only ED had a tube bender.. then we could all go to EDs and hang out more ...

if only ED had a tube bender.. then we could all go to EDs and hang out more ...

I need a press, tubing bender, plasma cutter, transmission jack, gear set-up tools, etc still. Plus some racks/shelves to store more parts wouldn't hurt either.

Two sneaky rascals (rredalty and High2by) decided it was time to fix my dented tank/tweaked sending unit while I was burning.....I mean grilling hamburgers.

Now they say I don't have an excuse not to go wheeling.

So, we'll see you at Land Between the Lakes Saturday morning?!?!? :yelclap:

And bring Mark too....

And Tiff has hers on Facebook. Look up Tiff Tweed.

I went to her page and never could find the pics of the WrenchFest. Where do I go to see them?

I need a press, tubing bender, plasma cutter, transmission jack, gear set-up tools, etc still. Plus some racks/shelves to store more parts wouldn't hurt either.

You should have told me this before the crawl. I have a press, if the wife did not sell it, at the house that was given to me. It is a harbor freight this one I think:

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton-a-frame-industrial-heavy-duty-floor-shop-press-1667.html

I have this one in my shop.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton-shop-press-33497.html

"So someone is bringing a transmission, right?"

113.jpg

Just to give you an idea of some of the guys who helped from left to right: Silas (Empire crewmember), Cottontail, Zinger, trail rate this, Dave92Cherokee, FlexdXJ. This was just a small portion of the huge team that helped build the rig.

Dave and Justin repairing some cut wires on the AW4 that was donated by Knox Auto Parts. Dave had brought a complete arsenal of soldering and wiring tools with him. How awesome was that!

028.jpg

Im backkkkkkkkkkkk. Yahhhhhh. I acnt say it enough .Saturday was like wow to me.i walked around lost most of the day cause i didnt know what to do.i wanted to get in there and help but knew yall wouldnt let me.I had such a great time and it was so good to see and meet everyone.I love the Jeep.cant wait to take that thing up and down the roads.im gonna be like that ole dog ya see with his nose stuck out the window and smilin from ear to ear. I am so Honored to call this bunch my friends and family. Thank You all for Everything you have done for me..oh yea..Kayla loves the jeep also. she says she is taking it away from me...lol..

Im backkkkkkkkkkkk. Yahhhhhh. I acnt say it enough .Saturday was like wow to me.i walked around lost most of the day cause i didnt know what to do.i wanted to get in there and help but knew yall wouldnt let me.I had such a great time and it was so good to see and meet everyone.I love the Jeep.cant wait to take that thing up and down the roads.im gonna be like that ole dog ya see with his nose stuck out the window and smilin from ear to ear. I am so Honored to call this bunch my friends and family. Thank You all for Everything you have done for me..oh yea..Kayla loves the jeep also. she says she is taking it away from me...lol..

I like you new color.

We thought the doc wouldn't let you wrench so the guys did it for ya. You did advise us and help make decisions since after all, it is your XJ.

yea i guess yur right.i did say yes to the fenders. that whole front turned out great. i am wowed by all you guys and the work yall did to my jeep.now i cant wait to drive it.i will come get it either friday or saturday. if thats ok Ed?

You can come pick it up whenever you want. Matt (rredalty said the brakes need to be re-bled. Plus I don't think we did an alignment on it yet.

yea he told me he drove it and said the brakes needed to be re bled and that it needed to be aligned. did it do the dw dance when he drove it.?

yea he told me he drove it and said the brakes needed to be re bled and that it needed to be aligned. did it do the dw dance when he drove it.?

Matt didn't say anything about it. Matt and trail rate this went on the test drive. Maybe they can chime in and let us know. I guess I could take it for a spin sometime this week to see how it does.

Back