• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Christmas

jeephick85 said:
I figured i would build my 4 inch lift myself for the simple fact that if i can do it i just a s well do it. im totally aware its cheap but im the one laughin at the ones who have got 1000's of bucks in a 3 to 4 inch lift. if im gonna buy a lift , which i will when school is done im gonna get a 5-6 inch lift till then i save my money and have a good time at the same time workin on my jeep. let me tell u.... THE lift Served its purpose... im out here in the north eastern salt shaker and the only rocks we seem to really have is the gravel in my driveway. so it aint climing the rocks so i dont need a REAL LIFT. jay

It seems kind of funny to me that your SN is jeepHICK, yet you live in Montreal, Canada...or could it be Montreal, Arkansas?

jeephick85 said:
I figured i would build my 4 inch lift myself for the simple fact that if i can do it i just a s well do it. im totally aware its cheap but im the one laughin at the ones who have got 1000's of bucks in a 3 to 4 inch lift. if im gonna buy a lift , which i will when school is done im gonna get a 5-6 inch lift till then i save my money and have a good time at the same time workin on my jeep. let me tell u.... THE lift Served its purpose... im out here in the north eastern salt shaker and the only rocks we seem to really have is the gravel in my driveway. so it aint climing the rocks so i dont need a REAL LIFT. jay
the difference between your cheap lift with stock shocks and the guys who've invested a grand into theirs is that its not going to cause any problems down the road...ie coils poppin off, or shocks gettin overextended and dying...I'm all for the cheap lift, I have 3" of spacers in the front of mine, but i realize that the guy's who've put money into it have a better setup than I do. The F150 leaves isn't a bad idea, I usually hear about Dakota or S10 since they would have a closer spring rate to our own. F150 coils up front would get you around 4". But at the very least I'd recommend new, longer shocks. Even those can be cheap. I plan on eventually gettin 2 XJ packs combined into about 3-4" of lift as a temporary job til I can afford real ones. But I also plan on a CV driveshaft and SYE...

BlackSport96 said:
the difference between your cheap lift with stock shocks and the guys who've invested a grand into theirs is that its not going to cause any problems down the road...ie coils poppin off, or shocks gettin overextended and dying...I'm all for the cheap lift, I have 3" of spacers in the front of mine, but i realize that the guy's who've put money into it have a better setup than I do. The F150 leaves isn't a bad idea, I usually hear about Dakota or S10 since they would have a closer spring rate to our own. F150 coils up front would get you around 4". But at the very least I'd recommend new, longer shocks. Even those can be cheap. I plan on eventually gettin 2 XJ packs combined into about 3-4" of lift as a temporary job til I can afford real ones. But I also plan on a CV driveshaft and SYE...

I totally agree with u buddy, mine rides like crap, the front pulls a little, but i did it just for the thrill in the mean time. i will be doing a proper lift once the money is avaliable. When i do deciede to do my lift i will go 5 inches, and ill do it right, but for now its ok.. jeepHICK if u can imagine where i got that from ... i was born in montreal canada, moved one month after, lived in north georgia till i was 11 now im still here in the damn freezer.

Back