• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Christmas Caravan for Kids

waverous

NAXJA Forum User
Its Christmas Caravan for Kids time again!!

Christmas Caravan for Kids is a annual event by the Colorado Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, Inc, area vendors, and 4 wheelers throughout the state benefiting the Marine's Toys for Tots Campaign.

Big news this year is that we are now a 501 (3)(c) charitable foundation with the National Heritage Foundation as our BOD

On Saturday, December 3rd, the Marines from Buckley Air Force Base will be at the Jeffco Event Center to receive our toy donations. Yes, this year we're ready for any weather----if its a nice day we can set up outside---if its not we can move inside where its warm!!!!!

We will once again meet at 3 locations around the city and caravan over the Jeffco event center. This year we will again meet at Westminster Mall, and the Arapahoe and I-25 Home Depot. Since we're caravanning west the third meeting spot will be at the Chili's in North Aurora Mall off of I-225 and Alameda. Meeting time will be 10:30 this year with departure time scheduled for 11:00.

Again this year, participants will receive commemorative dash plaques and tickets for the FREE Lunch and the FREE raffle to follow.

So start your toy shopping early and put December 3, 2005 on your calendar. As we gear up we'll have a couple more meetings to organize volunteers. Don McDowell has again agreed to serve as Trail Boss coordinating caravan sites, but we can use some additional volunteers to help at each of the three sites.

Ed Collins is serving as our promotions chair and likewise, volunteers to help get toy donations, prizes and monetary donations for things like lunch and T-shirts are always welcome. Christmas Caravan for Kids is now a non-profit foundation with the National Heritage Foundation so all donations are tax deductible and donation letters are available for those who need them.

The past two years we have been the second largest one-day donation the Marines have received. We'd like to give #1 (which happens to be the Denver Bronco's Toys for Tots drive at one of their home games) some competition. Please plan to join us on the 3rd and give us a call if you'd like to volunteer to help or make a donation to the cause.

If you'd like a copy of the event flyer to post send me an email ([email protected]) and I'll get the file to you.

Paula

Chris and Paula - do you need any logistic support prior to the Caravan date? We're holding a Colorado NAXJA Chapter meeting next weekend and this would be a great opportunity to discuss anything the local chapter can do to help.

Chris and Paula,

This is a really great event. Can you drop me an email.... Are you offering up the raffle again this year?

If so, let me know and I'll definitely contribute product for prizes.

It's nice to see events where it's not about the vendors but about the cause and this is definitely one of them.

Last edited:
Just an update to let everyone know that we've added more for the kids themselves at this year's event. The 501st Storm Trooper Brigade will be patrolling this year's events. Additionally, Darth, the Princess and others are signing up to join us. Should be a great showing.!!!

Santa is also joining us this year. He'll be leading the groups in and then around to visit with the kids.

So with more for the kids available, make your plans and spread the word.....we've started the countdown to Christmas Caravan for Kids!!!!

See you there!

Paula

More Toys for Less!!!

Check out the coupons in today's Denver Post. There is a rebate available for Milton Bradley games.....Buy more now knowing you can get up to $30 back or donate the rebate when it arrives to Christmas Caravan via Paypal at [email protected]

Back