• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chinnamans April 16th

I am definately interested in this trip. I need to get my suckdown winch installed first.

images

Brake pads? Mine chatter because auto zone is retarded and sells bunk parts. Maybe I will fix that tomorrow?

no I dont think so, and its not the locker.I know that one now and this one is diff. Not the u-joints, checked the c-clips. Its like something loose. As im going down the road and hitting bumps something is chattering under the front and just sounds bad.

You will have a good time! Unfortunately penrose Sunday so chinaman is a no go for me again. I love that trail but I like liberty more....

Kiefer -- would you have room for ride-a-long / videoographer for INDY, PENROSE or LIBERTY, sometime in Mid May?...Now since its jeepin season--its time to get rid of workin on weekends....

Let me know....

I might be out. Unless RCV can get me my parts before then. We thought about taking my dads jeep but his Limited edition wheels would be to nice to scratch

whats up with your rcv's?

manifold cookin dad, lemme know when ya wanna hit penrose, if im up and runnin im usually down

I might be out. Unless RCV can get me my parts before then. We thought about taking my dads jeep but his Limited edition wheels would be to nice to scratch

Lame! My CEL came on yesterday, I'm out of town right now so I won't be able to figure out what's going on with that until Monday but I should have it situated by the weekend.

Soooooooo......... Who is still up for this trip? I'm trying to figure out if I am going or not. I got a new GoPro HD I want to try out.

We are a definite maybe. My jeep is dismantled waiting for the postman to bring me parts. If that doesn't work my dad says it might be the first run for the Rubicon.

If we do come, the plan seems to be to sleep next to rock pile on the trail. Is anyone else wanting to do that?

I know chad is good to go, and Justin says he is a maybe.

Just hope it doesn't rain. That is a bad place to get caught. Ever since I had a close call in the Big Thompson Flood, I am a bit more careful. I lost several friends in that one. All in all I think the death toll was 128.

When are you guys thinking of leaving the trailhead?

YA im still in, picked up a new front driveshaft today, so I think the jeep is pretty much ready. Just need to check one thing on Thursday.

Im leaving my neck of the woods at 7. My brother will be with me as well. A few guys from his patrol in mile high jeep club may tag along with us as well He will know how many in a few days. Like I said plan is to meet at the gunsmokin truck stop at 9:30. Its the main gas station/truckstop at Johnsons corner. Right before you hit the fork to go to buena vista or gunnison, its on the left. Theres alot of open space right behind the gas pumps where we can all meet up

Get that dam jeep fixed David lol And stop breaking shit on it. LIKE RCV's! THAT SHOULDENT EVER BREAK lol

David, if you end up going I'm still down for camping at the rock pile if not I will probably just caravan with Chad that direction when he leaves.

Ben, I bought makings for smores so we are in for camping! We are just unsure of what we will be driving. Lol.
UM

Hey Matt I think you should bring that pretty little barbie jeep so we can make fun of you all day :D

So who we all got coming -

Jeepfreak
Beezle
Old Man
UnlimitedMatt/Time to get dirty
My brother

And maybe a few others but 5 jeeps so far

Man O man, I think the jeep is fighting me from going to Chinamens! First the CEL comes on a few days ago, got that fixed. Then I'm doing my pre-trip inspection/maintenance and find the axle side track bar bolt about two threads from coming off, head to Ace hardware for a new bolt because the threads are kinda beat up. On my way home the jeep starts making a high pitched sqeaking noise ( right after I just greased up everything, mind you) then takes a pull hard right! Pull over into a parking lot and grab the only tool I have in the jeep at the moment, my infra-red thermometer. Go to the passenger side caliper and it reads over "over limit", after a few minutes of sitting there it reads 600 degrees! Limp it back home at 10mph, luckily I was only a mile from my house.

Needless to say, the jeep has new front brakes, no CEL, and everything torqued and greased!

Annnnnnnnnnnnd I'm still in for the trip!

(For now)

Back