• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee crawl rules

i want to try lower 2, if it is not busy that weekend.
i know it will be a winch fest but i still want to try.

2offroad said:
i want to try lower 2, if it is not busy that weekend.
i know it will be a winch fest but i still want to try.

You do mean Upper 2 right! :wow: If not bring the kids for a stack fest! I watched Carpenter stack some and he was on 34's IMSC! And I also saw One Ton and Fore Wheeler both winch 3-4 times! Of course it was raining at the time!

what are the dates for the crawl this year? dave

The dates this year are July 8-11

"Someone" is a Birthday Boy on Sunday the 11th, maybe we borrow Beezil's Spanking Machine?

Ghost said:
You do mean Upper 2 right! :wow: If not bring the kids for a stack fest! I watched Carpenter stack some and he was on 34's IMSC! And I also saw One Ton and Fore Wheeler both winch 3-4 times! Of course it was raining at the time!
no lower 2, but i have heard that the begining of that trail is harder than the end, but still i want to try.
also woody has a fever, nobody has a birthday that weekend.

No...Lower 2 is the most difficult trail in Tellico... Upper 2 is a breeze to come down and not too bad coming up

i still want to try if it's not busy.

2offroad said:
i still want to try if it's not busy.

Get the popcorn and the cameras! Carnage will be at an all time high this year!

i should have some "rover ramps" by then. i know i can make it thru the part we saw sat. the 1st part maybe harder, but let's try.

Okay so Glenn...want to set up a concession stand...do burgers and dogs ???

Kudzu said:
Okay so Glenn...want to set up a concession stand...do burgers and dogs ???

LOL! Sure we'll be there all day! Or I can put a truckers roast on the engine! :laugh3: :chef:

i don't care how bad y'all pick on me i'm still want to try.

dude, seriously i don't think theres any way you will be able to do it without it taking literally all day.

that's why i said "if it's not busy." besides Glenn needs money for the ghost and maybe a concession stand will help him out.

2offroad said:
no lower 2, but i have heard that the begining of that trail is harder than the end, but still i want to try.
also woody has a fever, nobody has a birthday that weekend.
ummmmm....you may want to take a better look at the trail....the beginning takes me about 10 to 15 minutes last few times I've been. But I've spent a lot of time beating on the last ledge(50 yards from the end) and broken lots of parts there. Last time I ran it in the rain took me about 45 minutes to run the trail(no winching or road building),but the Rubicon riding with me (long arms and 35's) took us the better part of an afternoon to get him up.
Not to rain on your parade, but if you start up that trial open on both ends and on 30's don't be surprised with the greeting you'll get from people behind you wanting to run the trail.But who knows, maybe you'll be the only person I've ever heard of to make it on 30's and open....

Are there gonna be FSJ's on the trip? I have a friend with a 79 Cherokee on 35's, and a 2000 XJ on 31's. He was wanting to take the 79 to the Crawl, but he didn't know if that would be ok. Any feedback?

strokedwoody said:
Not to rain on your parade, but if you start up that trial open on both ends and on 30's don't be surprised with the greeting you'll get from people behind you wanting to run the trail.But who knows, maybe you'll be the only person I've ever heard of to make it on 30's and open....
that's my plan.
also not to keep repeating myself, but "if it's not busy'

Back