• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cherokee chop any sugestions on filling in the back

sdfgsdfgsdfg.jpg

Here is mine now getting ready for exo I have started to clean up the unibody cuz i am plating the unibody to make it stronger

JEFF said:
Not to Hi-Jack this post, but what is the advantage to doing this?

I'm with jeff... If you want a weather-tight daily driver, leave the roof on it.

The only reasons I see to chop it are for ventilation and visibility. Box it back in and you're right back where you started...

Robert

Robert 771 said:
I'm with jeff... If you want a weather-tight daily driver, leave the roof on it.

The only reasons I see to chop it are for ventilation and visibility. Box it back in and you're right back where you started...

Robert

the majority of people chopping them, are doing it on their trail rigs

Most do it to be different.I've always liked the Cherokee/Comanche but I would kill for a Comanche extra cab.Hence I'm building one.

Thanks. Its water tight and my DD, those pics are kinda old, i started my cage and put TNT stiffners on to get some strenght back in it.

Robert 771 said:

Yeah, I had no plans at all to close it back in again. The interior of these things is small enough as it is.

"Ventilation" is a little misguided though. I am actually really disappointed at how quiet and non-windy it is inside. I was hoping it'd be a little more drafty, but even with the doors completely off (all 4 are quickly removable), it's not much different than stock with the windows down.

I finally got mine moving again and put about 50 miles on it this weekend.

DSC02882.JPG

Still gotta finish some paint & body work - but at least it's wheelable again. :D

I definitely think caging or at least bracing the back behind the springs is crucial. When I first chopped mine I was amazed at how flexible the rear deck area is, especially once you start modifying the wheel wells too.

It's a Currie Anti-Rock swaybar. It stays on all the time...the increase in stability is awesome, especially on off-camber stuff. It doesn't hinder articulation at all either.

I don't know what you should do to close it off, however I beg of you - PLEASE Do not chop up an MJ for this!

Fryphax said:
I don't know what you should do to close it off, however I beg of you - PLEASE Do not chop up an MJ for this!

Why not? If the MJ is in the scrapyard/Junkyard whats the difference.Its only going to be crushed or shredded at some point .So why not save what you can from it.

I've seen some perfectly solid MJs chopped and scrapped so someone could turn their cherokee into a ghetto MJ. Drives me up a wall coming from an area where finding anythink close to solid that is more than 10 years old is almost impossible.

Back