• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check out Iceland Offroad's new cutout flares

The mounting system is a complete afterthought Why would they put that much effort into a strong flare, only to adhere the mounting bolts with bondo? The flares are going to pop off as soon as you hit something.

CIMG0121.jpg

If you reread the post that picture came from you'll see that it is layered reinforcement that he applied, not bondo from Iceland Offroad

Lol I guess most people just looked at the pictures...

As already mentioned, that's not bondo. It's more glass mat and resin to reinforce the mounting bolts.

I emailed Iceland and they say they dont come with instructions??? Seriously WTF is up with that?? What are they trying to hide?

They probably dont want to deal with a customer that says they followed the instructions, but now their junk is cut wrong.

They probably dont want to deal with a customer that says they followed the instructions, but now their junk is cut wrong.

"...With some modification
of the wheel wells you can fit
up to 35x12.5" tires with only a
4" lift. No more sky high lifts!
You cover your cut wounds
with these awesome looking Go
Berserk fender flares. Not only
do you get the clearance you
need, you also make your
Grand
street legal! Go Berserk
fender flares extend about 2"
from the vehicle. Go Berserk
fender flares come gel coated,
ready for primer and paint. They
come with all mounting
hardware and installation
instructions
. These awesome
looking flares will make your
vehicle not only look great but
will increase it's performance
also. Order yours today and go
berserk.

If you reread the post that picture came from you'll see that it is layered reinforcement that he applied, not bondo from Iceland Offroad

Lol I guess most people just looked at the pictures...

As already mentioned, that's not bondo. It's more glass mat and resin to reinforce the mounting bolts.

ehall/Dan,

Go back and read the post. The OP clearly states that the flares came with bondo holding the bolts in place. The picture clearly shows a broken bolt. I do not see any biaxial cloth in the picture with the broken bolt, all I see is bondo...

Oil Town XJ said:
One of the bolts broke off from shipping, all they used to secure them was bondo, but its not that big of a deal. I'm going to run a couple layers of 8oz bi-axle matting over the bolt with epoxy resin.

CIMG0121.jpg

FYI - This is what Biaxial Mat looks like
amf%20biaxial%201708%20smalest.jpg

Last edited:
What bondo is green?

I'm used to a salmon color Bondo.

I've got a set of these on the way to replace my 4 rear TJ flares... will come back with results.

well...they just lost a customer with cash in hand! I'm really disappointed! Bondo isn't going to cut it! I was hoping for a TJ style lip at least! great idea,bad delivery

Maybe this guy will sell his to me for 1/2 after they fall off!:wave1:

Just a note..you can bond fasteners to fiberglass, but you have to grind off the waxy stuff first, which he didn't do. Also you need more than a bolthead to stick it good. weld a fender washer or some sheetmetal to the bolt to give it some surface area and use some real 2 part epoxy like West System with some flocking , and that hardware will never come off.

That crap gets like peanut butter when you mix it :fuse:and is stuck for life!

Bondo brand sucks. Use Rage body filler.

Now, back to the flares, to the people bitching and moaning about cutting, don't run them then, they specifically TOLD you you had to cut. I'm interested to see how high you can cut on a 4 door, I'm seriously looking into a set of these for the rear only. I could care less about cutting past the pinch seam on the rear fender if it'll give me the clearance to tuck 35's.

I've already got mine cut and folded, and it looks to me like these are even bigger than the TJ flares I have on it now (judging by the fuel door opening and body lines).

I'm going to do something similar to what stumpXJ did here http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1011630 for the rear to get another couple of inches of clearance.

31s rub right now, and I'd love to fit 33s without lifting it anymore, we'll see how that goes.

Judging from comparing my flares with these, I don't think you'll get the full benefit unless you do like stump did. Sure, the flares might fit, but I'm betting your tires will still be rubbing.

Back