• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check out Iceland Offroad's new cutout flares

My entire 98 jeep with a loud 2wd trans cost me 600. My new in box warn m8000 cost the same as the flares shipped. WTF would anyone spend that kind of money on an XJ? If I had that kind of money to spend on fiberglass they sure as sheet wouldnt go on an XJ.

Fantastic. :twak:

damn add another 100-200 on top of that.....screw that.
id vote ZJ flares

I've thought a little about making fiberglass flares kinda like those. Basically like stock just for bigger tires. First I thought about just making them for myself, but the idea of selling them did cross my mind. I agree that $450 seems really expensive to me. Just out of curiosity, what would people be willing to pay for this style of fiberglass flare? Non-painted.

I wish I could get those, I really need flares but I can't justify paying that much for those. I really need to find a readily available flare off a different Jeep that I could use. I'd use TJ flares but they're hard to find and probably almost as expensive.

I got a full set of replacement TJ flares from Crown Automotive complete with hardware for just over $100. Just some food for thought

I'd use TJ flares but they're hard to find and probably almost as expensive.

TJ flares expensive, and hard to find? Dude, search the internet a little. I've seen whole sets of TJ flares in good condition go for like $50 bucks used. They're a dime a dozen.

nice flars but 450 is to much and they dont work on a 2door

You know, those mallrats are unpredictable and can get kinda big... ;)

That's a good point. Market weight around here is pretty substantial, but aside from this one
LightBar2.jpg

I just don't see a lot of non-winch XJ bumpers that I like. And, I could patch it together with resin and filler, which is a bonus since I have no access to fab equipment, and weld like old people fornicate.

I called them today, they just finished up the molds and it will be a few weeks before the start carring stock. There is 2-doors ones! they just have to update there website. You dont have to paint them and just run the black gel coat, also the gel coat doesnt have to be primed, it just needs to be scuffed up to paint.

If there are so many guys are buying bushcrackers at 450 then these are a great deal! They said there going to get some video of them running over there flairs with a cherokee

DUDE thank you so much for that TJ flair link, i was looking at Collins bros. and they had a set of 7 inch TJ flares for $160 also. I mean, the side markers would be trick, but they would look a little to pieced together. having 4 rear extended flares would be awesome!!

And I agree, these flares are a GREAT deal. I mean you have to put them in context.. Rustys flares are $350 and bushwackers are $450....

Not saying that I would pay that much for flare, but fiberglass can be very heavy duty.

DUDE thank you so much for that TJ flair link, i was looking at Collins bros. and they had a set of 7 inch TJ flares for $160 also. I mean, the side markers would be trick, but they would look a little to pieced together. having 4 rear extended flares would be awesome!!

And I agree, these flares are a GREAT deal. I mean you have to put them in context.. Rustys flares are $350 and bushwackers are $450....

Not saying that I would pay that much for flare, but fiberglass can be very heavy duty.

I've never seen a TJ flare on an XJ that didn't look odd......

I dont care how strong a fender flare is.... its what is attached to that needs to be strengthened. If you hit your fender flare on a rock it may not tear up the flare but the fender will get jacked.

Someday it would be nice if someone came out with a tube fender flare that is mounted to the inner fender which would give it strength to take legit hits.
I doubt anyone will do this soon so I will try to fab my own. Maybe an integral tube fender/ rear quarter guard for the back along with a reworked wheel well.

Look up Cruizin Illuzion's build on here for ideas. Built his own tube flares, gorgeous work.

I dont care how strong a fender flare is.... its what is attached to that needs to be strengthened. If you hit your fender flare on a rock it may not tear up the flare but the fender will get jacked.

Someday it would be nice if someone came out with a tube fender flare that is mounted to the inner fender which would give it strength to take legit hits.
I doubt anyone will do this soon so I will try to fab my own. Maybe an integral tube fender/ rear quarter guard for the back along with a reworked wheel well.
I've been thinking about this too. I even had all the metal to do it but I decided not to bother. My plan was though, instead of reinforcing the fenders, use some sort of really weak sacrificial bolts that would sheer off rather than reinforcing it. The point was to make it easier to make. Here is a pic of the flares I wanted to make, only for an XJ. These are for a TJ but if you notice they only bolt on using 4 small tabs.
images.ashx

I've never seen a TJ flare on an XJ that didn't look odd......

sure it doesn't look perfect, but ive seen some 4 rear flare jobs that looked alright, and you cant beat $160 for 7 inches of coverage.

---well I guess lawn edging.......but if you think TJ flares look odd hahahaha

Back